Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1991 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [80] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Your Own Choice - Finished. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This game will feature:
-15 players
-A hidden roleset
-2 teams, no neutrals.
-At least 2 wolves and a seer.
-You will get accurate role, alignment and powers revealed on death. Nothing will mess with these reveals.
-Chats are safe

You will get a question from me in your geekmail when you sign up. This might or might not affect the role you will get. I ask that you do not share the question in public.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice
As I'm thinking of running this again as a redux in the future, I'm spoiler marking posts that might influence future players.
If you wish to play a possible redux of this in the future, don't read spoilers, or further than this page.

Redux ran:
Your Own Choice (Redux) - Finished. You may read.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Phelanpt wrote:
The stranger tells you a horrid tale, of how a sheep was found dismembered on the outskirts of the village. A few had disappeared before, but this was the first that was found. One of the village elders recognized the claw and fang markings, and brought them a book: The Werewolf Slaying Manual.
It told all about how werewolves infiltrated villages looking like humans, and that the only way to get rid of them for good was to lock everyone in a room, and lynch until you got them all, or died trying.

He tells you how the village agreed to set the plan in motion, and one by one, lynched each of their neighbours, until the two werewolves among them were dead. As the villagers set down for an uneasy night, thinking they were finally safe, two more beasts set upon them, and slayed the unaware villagers.
The stranger had been closest to the door, and managed to open it, get on a horse and outrun the beasts.

He shudders: "I hope it never happens again."

You cheer him him up with drink and song, not really believing his tale. As you leave the inn, on your way home, you hear a brutal scream from near the village square. You run there with the stranger's tale suddenly in your mind, and find him, or what's left of him. Close to that, you find the Werewolf Slaying Manual, its cover blood-spattered. The wounds on the stranger clearly match the drawings on the book.

You gather what people you can find, and get together with torches and pitchforks to lead a search for the werewolves. No tracks lead outside of the village though, and you know what has passed. There are werewolves among you!

You bring all of the newcomers to the village in the meeting hall, and have the doors and exits discreetly locked.

As you tell them what has happened and show them the Manual, with its gruesome illustrations, some shiver in fear, while others shout with rage against its brutal methods.
You tell them there is no other way other than to lynch, and leave them looking at each other with distrust.


Phelanpt wrote:
The mob pushes a victim to the front of the hall, where a rope was thrown over a beam, and the village Elder awaits. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" - He asks.
There is no reply. Desired is pushed onto a stool.
The rope is tied around Desired's neck, and the stool is kicked away.

There is a general holding of breath....

But despite some kicks and twitches, desired just turns blue, and limp, and dead.

She is searched, but there is nothing on her pockets. She is carried away, and guards are posted at the exits, while the elders retreat home, stone-faced.

You grow restless, but after the day's events, grow tired, and start to fall asleep.

Some of you, at least.


[killed desired_hanyou_aly], she was a Villager. She had no powers.


Phelanpt wrote:
Ok, I forgot: No zombie or ninja posts. If you're dead, you're dead. Don't post if you're not alive, and in the game.


Phelanpt wrote:
Btw, guys. Even if I am late, dawn time is dawn time. No posting until i give the results.
[insert yellow card]


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Phelanpt wrote:
A scream at night wakes everyone up!

As the guards and some braver people rush to the room where the scream came from, everyone runs in the other direction.

Silence falls...


After a few minutes, people start going towards the room's entrance.

The guards are around Blacksheep's bloody body, examining his wounds.

As they carry the body out, and stand alert for the rest of the night, your mind is left with Blacksheep's last horrible scream: "No, don't! I'm on yoAAAARRRRGGGH!"

The guards come back, and say they found a weird book on him, with messages of appreciation for werewolves, and a great big bloody mark of a red claw.

You can't sleep the rest of the night, with the thought of all the blood...


[killed Blacksheep], he was the Red Claw Role Sorcerer. Every night, he could view a player to find out their role. He received a N0 view.

You can post.


Phelanpt wrote:
tcrudisi wrote:
Two questions:

1. Is it safe to post?

2. Was there not a death last night?
1 - I will always announce that you can post after saying that you can't. Until I do, don't post in thread. If you feel I might be distracted, geekmail me, or tell me in modchat.
2 - This should be evident now, but yes, there was a death last night.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Phelanpt wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Greathe wrote:
I asked the Mod if there are villagers who are unaware of special characteristics, but he hasn't responded yet.
I cannot confirm or deny this.
To be clear: I cannot confirm or deny if there are villagers who are unaware of special characteristics.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Phelanpt wrote:
The day is spent in argument, with the images of blue desired hanging from the rope, but mostly of blacksheep's bloody ragged body being dragged out, his neck in an unnatural position.

At the appointed time the Elder calls for a final decision from the mob.
Two people are pushed forward, miraria and VVV.

The Elder calls again for a final decision and VVV, distraught, offers himself as sacrifice.

Although surprised, the Elder, after consulting the Manual and seeing no exception for this, leads VVV to the stool.

The rope, still red where desired's neck once was, is tied around VVV's.

The Elder asks him: "Any final words?"
VVV replies with the only thing that comes to his mind at the time, regretting his decision at the final moment: "At least we will learn SOMETHING."

The stool is kicked, and the wait starts...

And ends, with another blue strained face looking at you accusingly, his eyes bulging out of his sockets.

VVV hangs limp from the neck. Dead.

The guards search his simple clothes, but find nothing.

You chose wrong. Again.


[killed Veni Vidi Vici], he was a Villager! He had no special powers.

You may post.


Phelanpt wrote:
As you settle in for another uneasy night, with your mind filled with the faces of the dead, blue and dripping red, you hear struggling noises from the room blacksheep was found ripped apart.

The guards rush over and you hear a scream from the room opposite to that.
Confused, everyone stops as you hear a woman scream from one side, and a man from the other.

The two voices mix in the middle of the hall in a gut wrenching mix of terror: "You'reNO! Leavenged! me! They will did nothing to you!"

As the voices die, you realize the owners did too. Guards rush to both rooms, and find in one, the woman clutching a book covered in her own blood, it's pages filled with incomprehensible scribblings.

The man, with an arm missing, is wearing plain clothes, and they find nothing on him, besides the claw and bite marks.

As you feel terror grip you by the Elder's announcement of the deaths, and whispers start spreading, you see a guard approach the Elder with something wrapped in a tablecloth, which suddenly falls off the arm within. On its hand, a wooden cup, in the death grip, still drips milk...

The only thought through your mind as the sun's light fills the hall is: "When will all this carnage stop..."


[killed miraria], she was the Red Claw Cub/Cultist. She knew the identities of the Red Claw Werewolves, and would promote if one of them died, or if she was nightkilled by them.
[killed imilkman], he was a Villager! He had no special powers.

You may post.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Phelanpt wrote:
Benjro wrote:
does at least one of the wolves know who the cub/cultist is at he start of the game?
Cannot confirm or deny.


Phelanpt wrote:
There is no lynch or kill during the weekend, no.
People can play or not play, according to their preference.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Phelanpt wrote:
With your spirits drained from all the death, no one knows what to do. Some people are pushed forward, then others, and at the end, one man stays in front of the crowd, with a vacant air, and is lead to the stool by the guards. Suddenly, his mind seems to return, and he shouts: "No, you fools! I'm the Hunter! Get off me!"

The crowd does not believe him, and pushes him on. The Elder, after consulting the Manual, goes through with it.
The rope, frayed and bloody is put around his neck, and the stool kicked.

The man kicks and screams, and then stops. With bugged out eyes, he looks at the crowd, an unblinking stare that makes you all feel awful.

The guards search him, and find nothing on him. Another villager?

Is this all worth it?


[killed CrimsonFox], he was a Villa...



Wait a minute...



Crimson's eyes bulge more and more, as if they are popping out of their sockets!

And that's not all, his skin is growing hair, faster and faster! His fangs...my god, his fangs! He smiles a wicked smile, and growls as he turns into a beast!

Luckily, the guards, after a moment of surprise, grab their rifles and shoot him, again and again, until he falls, the rope broken, still around his neck.

You rise up from the ground where you had thrown yourself, the smoke of the rifles still billowing around Crimson's feral form.


CrimsonFox was a Red Claw Werewolf! He could talk to his packmate(s), and choose a nightkill. They could decide not to kill.

You may post.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Phelanpt wrote:
Feeling merrier at finally getting a wolf with the gruesome Manual's methods, you talk and cheer, and eventually get tired. The Elder congratulates you, but warns you to be careful at night. Werewolves are seldom found alone.
Nevertheless, you're sleeping soundly, when you hear a great noise coming from the back room! Wood breaking, and inhuman roars! As the guards are rushing there, rifles at the ready, you hear the roar turn to a yelp, and grows fainter.

The guards scream "Werewolf!" and you hear shots being fired.


An eerie silence descends upon the hall...

"Elder, we killed a Werewolf!" - They scream.

They drag a semi hairy body to the middle of the hall. You can clearly see the wounds from the rifles, and the same wounds that were found on the previous victims, of claws and teeth.

The creature is turning back to human form, and you recognize it as one of the people among you, a green eyed fellow, who seemed gentle during the day!

It seems he was struggling with another Werewolf.

You feel sad for the loss of life, unsure. Could he have been trying to help you?

The sun rises outside, and you dread the day to come.
Who will you kill next?


[killed Benjro], he was a Green Eye Werewolf! He could talk to his packmate(s), and choose a nightkill. They could decide not to kill. If they target a Werewolf who targeted one of them, their nightkill will have no effect, and the other Werewolf's will. If they kill a human at night, they will not be able to kill again the following night.

You may post.


Phelanpt wrote:
With sadness in your hearts at the death of an ally, the mob decides to continue to follow the Manual's methods. It gets results, doesn't it?
A few people are pushed to the front, and there are claims of powers and personality problems made. Eventually, the mob decides they should get it over with earlier in the day. DanKD volunteers himself for the noose, as there is much doubt as to what is his true nature.

After flipping a few pages, the Elder finds that it is allowed. DanKD waves away the guards, and climbs by himself onto the stool, and puts the rope on himself. "Get it tight, guys, I don't want it to be slow."

Everyone relaxes, and the Elder turns to Dan: "Do you have any final words?"
Dan responds: "Yes, I do. I fought for my life as much as I could. As much as anyone should! Life is precious, and should be fought for."

He pauses, and looks around, looking you in the eyes.

You start to feel the chill that lynching your neighbours has always brought, and imagine how Dan's face will look blue and bugged out, swinging from the hemp...

And then, Dan shouts: "You are right. I am a Werewolf! And I'll keep fighting your race as long as I can! angry"

With a roar, he changes fast, faster than you thought possible, and rips the rope from his neck as he runs towards the main door.

The guards, caught by surprise, are unable to aim straight, and the shots seem to hit the wood all around the creature as he grabs the door, and pulls it off its hinges.

Just as the door is falling aside, more shots ring out, and, with an awful scream, the creature falls, covered in pudding mix and blood, the two mixing together.

You start laughing nervously and hysterically, at the mayhem and destruction that you've been in being punctuated by something as silly as this.

The Werewolf confused the food closet instead of the exit!

As you start calming down, some of you start edging towards the exit(the actual one), but the Elder's voice rings out: "No! Guards, cover the exit! We need to be sure!"

You settle down for the night, feeling easier that another beast died.


[killed DanKD], he was a Red Claw Werewolf! He could talk to his packmate(s), and choose a nightkill. They could decide not to kill.

You may post.
If everyone locks their orders in cassy, no matter their role, I'll call Dawn early.

Otherwise, dawn is at 5 PM BGG.
Phelanpt wrote:
With no one being able to sleep, due to nervousness, you start discussing what should be done at night. Who the powers should be used on.

Saberwolf is given something to help him sleep, and told to focus on Greathe during his sleep. Lala stands by him, armed with nothing but courage.

Nick is pushed in front of tcrudisi, who claims to be a Good Werewolf. Nick pleads with him: "Don't kill anyone tonight. We're just freaking out at each other!"

You see tcrudisi start changing in front of you, slowly. His green eyes bulge and shine, his skin sprouts hair, and his fangs grow bigger. You all back away, except for nick, frozen in place.

Tcrud doesn't seem violent, though, despite his animalistic focus on nick.

You hear nick, once again, with a voice filled with conviction, not fear: "We can all live together, werewolves and humans, without all this violence!"

He is not believed, not by tcrud at least. As Greathe starts to object, he sees a massive claw fly towards Nick, and Nick lying down on the ground, his chest open wide with gashes, filled with blood.


[killed nickismyname], he was the Pacifist! If his vote ended on the player in LL at dusk, he would run off and lock himself. He could no longer post or vote in thread, and stopped counting for parity.

Greathe screams: "We had a choice! Nick didn't need to die!"
Attention focuses on him, as tcrudisi changes back to a human form.
"Look at him, bleeding there! This is our doing!"

You hear Nick cough, and rush to him. You hear him say, before his voice fades to nothing: "You...you are...the killers..."

You look at the Elder with sadness and hatred in your eyes, and walk towards the exit, tcrud carrying nick in his arms.

This time, he doesn't tell you to stop...









Good Wins!

But at what cost?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice
Player List According to Cassandra:
Benjro
BlackSheep
CrimsonFox
DanKD
desired_hanyou_aly
Greathe
Laladien
mfl134
miraria
nickismyname
redshark92
saberwolf13
tcrudisi
Vanderscamp
Veni Vidi Vici

15 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1009...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice
I signed up because I love answering questions
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(1/15)
Phelanpt wrote:
...


?? Placeholder?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I like toast
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(1/15)
The question Phel asked me was:

"Will you Play?"

You think that affects what role I get?....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(3/15)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(4/15)
This sounds so awesome!

I'm just afraid that it'll start after school does for me u-u;;
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(4/15)
Tiny3Ears wrote:
This sounds so awesome!

I'm just afraid that it'll start after school does for me u-u;;
The sooner you sign up, the sooner it will fill...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psuedo Nyma
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(5/15)
I'm tempted, but I'm already signed up for 4 games (though 1 is on a delay until late August, and another one might be until mid-August.)

I'll sign up, but if it starts at the same time as my other games I may have to ask to be replaced, since I made commitments to those games first.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyse Sefchik
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(5/15)
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Yeah lets do this!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(8/15)
In!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(9/15)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(10/15)
Phelanpt wrote:
...



Hmmmm...the game of periods. It must be that time of the month for this type of game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(10/15)
CrimsonFox wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
...



Hmmmm...the game of periods. It must be that time of the month for this type of game.
Could be a period piece.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
Everyone likes a piece of pie.
badge
That's wonderful. Good for you! I've always wanted to have a haunted house. It's been my lifelong dream!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(10/15)
Phelanpt wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
...



Hmmmm...the game of periods. It must be that time of the month for this type of game.
Could be a period piece.


I can't tell if you're going a different direction or just being extra gross, so I'm stay away from this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(10/15)
Benjro wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
...



Hmmmm...the game of periods. It must be that time of the month for this type of game.
Could be a period piece.


I can't tell if you're going a different direction or just being extra gross, so I'm stay away from this.
Different direction.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psuedo Nyma
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(10/15)
So... five more people need to hurry up and join so I can find out what the question I was asked has to do with this game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(10/15)
intrigued.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(11/15)
We have just been daked
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psuedo Nyma
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(11/15)
I promise not to lynch the next four players who sign up unless I think they are a wolf, or if I am a wolf and think they might be on to me.*

*Note: This promise is not legally binding, and also my fingers are crossed as I type this, which makes typing very difficult.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(11/15)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(11/15)
I will have very good available this week and next Monday, but will be more limited starting the 13th
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(11/15)
unfortunately, i'll have to drop this if it goes this week.

testy city just started and it's a drag trying to invest in any other game while that is going on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Own Choice - In signup(11/15)
Dake wrote:
unfortunately, i'll have to drop this if it goes this week.

testy city just started and it's a drag trying to invest in any other game while that is going on.
You just need to get brutaled fast.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [80] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.