Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really minor suggestion, but I'd really like to see this happen some day.

I have posted a number of similar files to about two dozen games (Tuckbox patterns for cards and tokens, etc).

Under the old system when someone sent me a geekgold gift for one of these the person had to send a personal email with a note. So, I was able to tell which game's tuckboxes they were talking about because they would almost always mention it by name.

Under the new system a person sends the geekgold via the checkbox during the download. This is fine. Geekgold gifts have gone way up as a result. However, I have no way of knowing which game this came from.

My suggestion is that the email sent to me automagically telling me of this gift mentions at least the game's name if not the name of the file that was downloaded.

I like to acknowledge each of the gifts sent to me, but I do feel kind of stupid having to say in each mail "Hey, by the way why did you send me a geekgold? What did you download?"

Thanks,
Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Automatic Geekgold gift messages should mention game nam
Hear Hear! It really would be nice to know what the source of the geekgold is. I keep having to ask what article/file/game they were referring to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to the tip? It's in your geekgold history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know there was a history for the geekgold. So, I started clicking around on my home page and did find it. I had no idea it was there!!

That does solve the problem of not knowing what geek gold was being sent for. However, I do think it would still be nice if the email itself said so as well so I don't have to go clicking around to my home page (and away from my mail) to get that information.

The history makes this an even lower priority suggestion than before, though.

Thanks for the info.

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.