Hide
9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Corp Observations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Kern
msg tools
After over 100 games as the corp, I have noticed a few things.

My deck composition is approximately the following:

~9 Econ cards
~10 Agendas
~10 Central Server Ice like shadow/caduceus/popup
~10 Remote Server Ice like enigma/ice wall/roto turret
~5 Traps/Upgrades

The other 5 cards can fit into any category and depend on the deck. I often find myself running 22 ice and including chums which dont really fit into either ice category.

More cheap ice improves your opening hand. Whereas as a few more upgrades like san san and ash improve your mid/late game.

Drawing cards when you have a safe remote server is good.

Spending your credits efficiently protects you from account siphon. This should also increase your points/turn which can be important in a tournament setting.

Always play around inside job.

Double ice remote servers first. This forces the runner to form a rig or to focus on central server runs. This can give you time to score.

Viper, Draco, and Caduceus on HQ are the best ice vs account siphon because you can end the run and go broke if you have to.

Have you noticed any other helpful observations from your corp play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
When calculating resources the runner expends, it's helpful to think of it in terms of clicks.

Example: Stealing a Fetal AI from PE costs the runner 2 credits and 3 net damage, or 4 clicks.

Example 2: The cost to break an Eli when the runner has Corroder is two clicks, or 4 credits (which I also equate to two clicks, since on average 2c = 1 click)

This may seem a tad gauche, but it helps quantify exactly how much you set back the runner when setting up a trap or defending a server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
i run 18-20 ice.

ice wall is 2-3x in every deck. i think its a good way to end turns at less than than 5 credits and to tax corroder.

tollbooth is in almost every deck. forces a response by the runner and makes then find femme or have the shutdown.

ichi is in almost every deck. my 2nd favorite way to dump credits vs siphons is into an ichi trace. i do not run a lot of trace only ice. i like viper, caduceus as 1-ofs to mix up my ice but not as staples.

i run 9-12 econ cards

beanstalk is in every deck that is not HB. recover faster from siphons and bridges to hedge fund.

melange is in every deck.

i dont generally run drip econ. it doesnt help me when behind which is often against a good runner. if i want to fight an econ battle i prefer san san, ash, hokusai etc. unless HB then ill run the eves/adonis.

other cards - snare is staple in a lot of decks. being able to randomly punish RnD accesses makes me feel better. whether it equates to more wins ...not sure lol.

i dont run a lot of silver bullets unless i play weyland because atlas lets you run random 1-ofs like freelancer/foxfire/power grid overload etc and have a realistic chance of having it in hand when its relevant.

agenda wise - i have started running at least a couple 3 pointers in every deck. scoring a 3 pointer early is the best way to make the runner take more risk. i dont really like running more than 2 3 pointers though because ive found even running 3 can really jam up the hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like the Sunscreen song

Lots of good observations. I like the one about spending your money to counter Siphon, though that means you'll have to rez 1 ICE at a time, which is determinant on the runner, which is hard.

Always Double ICE.

It's ok to leave a central open for a while. Assess your risks.

Always assume Siphon. Always assume Inside Job. Always assume Corroder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to add that 13 early game ETR ICE is about the minimum for deck building. What defines early? Less than four credits, but that should mostly be 3 credits.

I believe 9 econ is the minimum.

Great observations by the OP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
I would like to add that 13 early game ETR ICE is about the minimum for deck building. What defines early? Less than four credits, but that should mostly be 3 credits.

I dont think I've ever played a corp deck that has included 13 ice that meet that definition.

Of the corp decks I'm currently playing, one has 10 ice of cost 4 or less that end the run. (I'm not counting Eli since it doesnt end the run if they pay 2 clicks). The other has 7, and thats only if you count Caduceus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I only play 9 economy cards if my identity gives me an extra source of income. For Jinteki and NBN I play at least 12 and there are certain economy cards I don't rely on for that number unless I have a ton of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
I dont think I've ever played a corp deck that has included 13 ice that meet that definition.

2 Rototurret
1 Neural Katana ** (Sometimes the disruption from their turn 1 run into this eliminates a breaker, and they cant get into your remote as a result).
2 Viper (Its amazingly strong against people without link).
2 Enigma
3 Wall of Static
3 Ice Wall ***

Tsk tsk Alex. You quoted these ICE before (exactly 13 early ETR ICE)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/953472/three-strong-deck-arc...

Neural Katana is as good as ETR. Data Raven is as good as ETR. So yes in general 13 early game ICE that ETR (or strongly simulate an ETR). ELI does ETR, unless you have a special ELI =) that I didn't get.

I'd also argue that Chum + is a fairly common ETR equivalent. Perhaps you'd prefer not to discuss the 13 as the minimum but my use of ETR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

2 Rototurret
1 Neural Katana ** (Sometimes the disruption from their turn 1 run into this eliminates a breaker, and they cant get into your remote as a result).
2 Viper (Its amazingly strong against people without link).
2 Enigma
3 Wall of Static
3 Ice Wall ***

Tsk tsk Alex. You quoted these ICE before (exactly 13 early ETR ICE)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/953472/three-strong-deck-arc...

Neural Katana is as good as ETR. Data Raven is as good as ETR. So yes in general 13 early game ICE that ETR (or strongly simulate an ETR). ELI does ETR, unless you have a special ELI =) that I didn't get.

I'd also argue that Chum + is a fairly common ETR equivalent. Perhaps you'd prefer not to discuss the 13 as the minimum but my use of ETR.

downvote and move on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.