Subject: Not gonna lie, I'm kind of excited... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathius Nightingale
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So $40 and I'm getting over 500 cards (including story cards), over 80 tokens, and 22 custom engraved dice! I'd say that's a good value--component-wise.

77 Story cards just makes me froth at the mouth considering how long I could be playing this game.

Please come out before December... the wait is too long!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed! Can't wait!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
THIS was how a kickstarter should be organized and run. The extras bundled into the basic pledge made a lot more people bite I think. I too am excited for Fallen to come out, there is plenty in this box for $40. Though I feel kinda bad for those that bought the extra story cards - they just don't look like any kind of value for money now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We'll see about that when the add-on adventure packs are only available via ebay - for only $30 a piece
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragon Soul
msg tools
I am looking forward to the game I personally love dungeon crawls and 2 player as i dont have many people to play with. I hope it comes sooner then december even a week will do, but then again i hope they take what time they need to make sure that every thing we get is super polished and glows with a brilliance that we can see from inside the sealed shipping box! Can't wait till I get my hands on it. It can't come soonerlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Kinda excited" would be an understatement for me, I only discovered this game on Friday but immediately jumped in for $100, to ensure I would get absolutely everything. Whether they'll be as good as the others, I don't actually mind that much. With a game that has the potential to be this good in the core set, having enough variety to keep it going before the expansions begin properly is definitely important to me. Otherwise, I think I would over-play it too quickly to enjoy it. Having this much extra stuff should definitely help that.

Plus, it's always good to back games like this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spalanzani wrote:
"Kinda excited" would be an understatement for me, I only discovered this game on Friday but immediately jumped in for $100, to ensure I would get absolutely everything. Whether they'll be as good as the others, I don't actually mind that much. With a game that has the potential to be this good in the core set, having enough variety to keep it going before the expansions begin properly is definitely important to me. Otherwise, I think I would over-play it too quickly to enjoy it. Having this much extra stuff should definitely help that.

Plus, it's always good to back games like this :)
I just backed the game on Friday as well( been lurking awhile though). But your thought process was/is the exact same as mine. Here is an interesting thought though. If you purchase the game after the kickstarter at retail for $45 you will get 3 heroes/3 DL/ 20 treasures/27 skills/28 creatures/33 final battle cards/45 story cards/100 power cards. Now if you purchase the game at the Hero level of $100 you get 6 heros/ 6 DL/ 38 treasures/54 skills/57 creatures/83 final battle cards/ 125 story cards/ 160 power cards. You more than double the content of the game basically. So its really not unreasonable to pay $100 now for everything. Considering what people who missed this kickstarter are going to get at retail.
Oh and we also get those custom made creatures/story cards/ items from the people who spend $200. Excited about what those people create.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme Munn
United Kingdom
Burntisland
Fife
flag msg tools
I too am seriously excited for this game, I was kinda late to the funding party but then, I am quite new to board gaming and I just had to back it. It looks great fun, something that I can play with the wife and that will be engrossing for a long time.

I also couldn't believe all they were adding to an already complete game as the stretch goals. Crowdfunding done well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cotterill
United Kingdom
Whitton
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't agreed more. So glad I noticed this Kickstarter in time to pitch in my $100. I came in about three days before the end and couldn't believe all the extra stretch stuff that was already available. Had to read it several times before I believed there was no catch!
Then I funded - no-brainer, really!
Go Watchtower - it's looking great already, roll on December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Huntley
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
THIS was how a kickstarter should be organized and run. The extras bundled into the basic pledge made a lot more people bite I think. I too am excited for Fallen to come out, there is plenty in this box for $40. Though I feel kinda bad for those that bought the extra story cards - they just don't look like any kind of value for money now.

Why would you feel bad for the people who paid for the extra content packs, out of curiosity?

Also, I do agree that this Kickstarter was handled very well. I jumped in around the 30th of June, and that was still when the original Stretch Goals were in place & the adventure packs only had 6 extra story cards apiece. The people spoke, they listened; as a result, we got 6 extra story cards per pack & the Stretch Goals were reworked about 2 weeks in. Very pleased overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tenburo wrote:
Why would you feel bad for the people who paid for the extra content packs, out of curiosity?

When the KS opened those add-on packs looked tempting. However to me they were a little expensive at $15 a pop, also I'm not a compulsive completionist so I didn't bite (I pledged $40). By the time the thing was over there were more adventure packs unlocked for free with just the basic pledge than by buying them separately.

I'm looking at this solely from a fiscal point of view, if I had paid $60 for 4 add-on packs and then found later that there were 5 others added into the game I would have been a little bummed.
I know that the ones I didn't buy were KS exclusives but I'm ok with that. However two of them did look really good!

Hopefully everybody enjoys this game when it comes out. The Tom Vasel preview piqued my interest at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy
msg tools
Don't forget that the $15 adventure packs have 12 story cards each, while the unlocked stretch goal packs only have 6 cards.

Also, the content of these adventure packs is exclusive to the kickstarter campaign... you wont be able to buy the same ones in store... so for a lot of us that exclusivity is worth a bit more :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
At first i also thought that the $15 per adventure pack were a bit expensive. But somewhere around the middle i looked at it in another way - the content i get for $100 is well worth it, so why not give that much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unisus wrote:
We'll see about that when the add-on adventure packs are only available via ebay - for only $30 a piece

Are you kidding!!! $30 AT LEAST. Never underestimate the OCD completionists urge to have it ALL. But, even better, I expect the basic $40 package that included all that extra KS EXCLUSIVE stretch goal content to fetch AT LEAST $100. I have pledged for 10 of those!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordevilthefirst wrote:
spalanzani wrote:

Plus, it's always good to back games like this
I just backed the game on Friday as well( been lurking awhile though). But your thought process was/is the exact same as mine. Here is an interesting thought though. If you purchase the game after the kickstarter at retail for $45 you will get 3 heroes/3 DL/ 20 treasures/27 skills/28 creatures/33 final battle cards/45 story cards/100 power cards. Now if you purchase the game at the Hero level of $100 you get 6 heros/ 6 DL/ 38 treasures/54 skills/57 creatures/83 final battle cards/ 125 story cards/ 160 power cards. You more than double the content of the game basically. So its really not unreasonable to pay $100 now for everything. Considering what people who missed this kickstarter are going to get at retail.
Oh and we also get those custom made creatures/story cards/ items from the people who spend $200. Excited about what those people create.

I'd forgotten about the "fanmade" story cards! That's even more stuff! Last weekend I'd done some rough calculating and figured I'd saved about £110 through backing this on kickstarter, assuming the game will retail for about £40 and the expansions would be about £12. Then I realised the 'expansions' are kickstarter exclusives, so felt all special, though I think the calculation still stands. Exclusive or not, backing it at the Hero level gets you over £200's worth of game and expansions for less than half that price. Very exciting times ahead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.