Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preparing for my first game... mostly seems intuitive, but why do attack/defense markers only count in the first round of combat?

I am not sure I understand the dynamic here... It also seems like an easy rule to overlook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good spot - I'd missed that rule myself. It should really be repeated in the Combat section of the rulebook and not just dealt with as an aside when discussing support cards.

Will be interested to see how this would effect combat tactics but can't comment until have had a game or two playing correctly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Terrell
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the tokens are just there to make an opening attack more difficult, to work as a sort of hurdle. If you can't make it over that hurdle, you can't get in behind the other player's "armor" so to speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a thematic point of view, you first bypass the henchman (first round), since those bonuses are granted by secondary characters, and then come face-to-face with your adversary (second round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.