oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have a look at my Formula NG.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/94511/formula-next-genera...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlier this year I've been digging into racegames here on BGG as well, to see which one would appeal to me. There were two titles that catched my eye: Formula D and Rush n'Crush. I went with the latter because it has a scifi theme and a combat-element. Also, it's was (and always seems to be) on clearance as Miniature Market. I dont regret it, it's a great game. What I've read about it is that it has similar, but improved mechanics to Formula D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rallyman (gamers)
Detroit-Cleveland Grand Prix (family fun)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rallyman is easily my #1. Easy to learn push your luck based mechanics, but they fit the "rally" theme just perfectly. I've been able to play this easily with people who are not familiar with rally.

Speed Circuit is my favorite simulation racer, for the hardcore race fans. Simultaneous movement decisions makes it very exciting, and because moves are almost never over 10 spaces in length the decisions can be made quicker than Formula D (15-30 spaces in 1 move when in high gears).

I ditched Formula D because it always played too slow. Watch the extended version of Tabletop's play of Formula D... it took their 4 players over 90 minutes to do 1 lap!!! Racing should be quick... this is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Das Motorsportspiel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of RoadZters. Being honest, I haven't tried a lot of racing games, so I don't have much to compare it to. If you do decide to bite on this one, I recommend picking up a Bisikle: Z-Ball Hi-Grip. It takes a while to figure out how to move the ball around the track, and the hi-grip ball tends to spin less, which helps keep the ball on the track at the end of your shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mirefox wrote:
I'm a racing fan and am looking for the best car racing board game that really delivers on the theme. I was thinking of Formula D, but am open to other suggestions before I make that purchase.

Formula D is pretty much the only one I know, but it is really good and definitely delivers the theme.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stock Car Championship Racing Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PitchCar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Mirefox wrote:
I'm a racing fan and am looking for the best car racing board game that really delivers on the theme. I was thinking of Formula D, but am open to other suggestions before I make that purchase.

Formula D is a lousy sim. I'd go for Speed Circuit, where you really control your car and have to think fast and outdrive your opponents; or if you REALLY like simulation, Legend: History of 1000 Miglia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mi_de wrote:
Mirefox wrote:

Formula D is a lousy sim. I'd go for Speed Circuit, where you really control your car and have to think fast and outdrive your opponents; or if you REALLY like simulation, Legend: History of 1000 Miglia.

Ouch .That link will cost me a lot of money. Please do not do that again.

Wallet says:
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Formula D (In regards to heavy race car games) and for race/car enthusiast it does the job.

Pitch Car is also fun, but I'm not sure that's what you are chasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rush n' Crush arcade mode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lyerly
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Formula D is a great game. Great for larger groups as well. Check out the Tabletop Episode where it was featured (in case you haven't already).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYEoP0j63c

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis pierron
msg tools
designer
Look at Racing Simulator and Racing Simulator Modular Track System

18 diecast F1 cars 1/87
+600 cards
All F1 and indycar tracks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.