Subject: Discussing & Deckbuilding vs. Playing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one who enjoys building decks and discussing cards and strategies more than actually playing? Don't get me wrong, this is literally my favorite game, but I still enjoy its other aspects more. Anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not only is it a fun part of the overall game experience, but some of us *cough* don't get to play quite as much as we would like, yet still want to be involved in the game and its community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
some of us *cough* don't get to play quite as much as we would like, yet still want to be involved in the game and its community.

I know where you're coming from. With a 2-year-old in the house I seldom get to play much myself and when we do, time is split between multiple LCGs. I barely have enough time to convince myself that my theory is sound enough to build my decks I won't get to play with.

I think the solution here is that I need to pick up another LCG. Been looking into Star Wars but I want to wait until after Gencon just to make sure they aren't launching any new games I might prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Councilman Sokka
United States
Staunton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
kurthl33t wrote:
Well, not only is it a fun part of the overall game experience, but some of us *cough* don't get to play quite as much as we would like, yet still want to be involved in the game and its community.

That's my issue, caused by lack of players in my immediate area. Once a week I can chance some other people being at a weekly LCG night almost an hour away, but I haven't yet found anyone close by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah time is always too tight to mention to balance between getting to play and having other (more productive/necessary) things to do. Thank goodness for
1. BGG during work hours
2. Octgn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I spend about 3-5 hours per day deckbuilding, testing, and tweaking my own competitive decks, and I play for fun perhaps two games a day.

I really do wish these forums facilitated high-level deckbuilding and strategy discussions more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
kroen wrote:
Am I the only one who enjoys building decks and discussing cards and strategies more than actually playing? Don't get me wrong, this is literally my favorite game, but I still enjoy its other aspects more. Anyone else?

this seems really counterintuitive :
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
I really do wish these forums facilitated high-level deckbuilding and strategy discussions more often.

What do you mean, discussing whether to count click to draw or not isn't high-level enough for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Tuism wrote:
Lysander1 wrote:

What do you mean, discussing whether to count click to draw or not isn't high-level enough for you?

Lmao I was really hoping someone would ask. Typically BGG consists of debate with open mouths and closed ears. That particular argument, while relevant and worth consideration in high-level play, means little without context.

I feel as though the community would benefit more from more threads such as Hollis's Jinteki, jopejope's HB, and Lluluien's NBN. Cross-examining strategies, building decks, and analyzing the meta is immensely powerful when a group of talented individuals assemble.

But instead I see posts that consist of obvious "I agree/disagree with this", or that lack any insight whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my [/sarcasm] tag failed to show up on my previous post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Yeah time is always too tight to mention to balance between getting to play and having other (more productive/necessary) things to do. Thank goodness for
1. BGG during work hours
2. Octgn

just be careful that doesn't morph into OCTGN during work hours, or you won't be able to afford more cards. and food, I guess... they tell me food is important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Lysander1 wrote:

#winning .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
forster925 wrote:
and food, I guess... they tell me food is important.

Pshhhh, I took care of that problem long ago by storing up plenty of reserves in excess body weight. At least that sounds a lot better than how it actually went down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.