Subject: Printing Error rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let everyone know, there is a printing error where the tiles are misaligned. I bought my copy from the BGG store and asked them about it; they commented that:

It was just recently brought to our attention. The publishers suggest drawing the tiles from a black bag. We are updating the store website to let everyone know the issue with this promo.

They also offered me a refund if I posted it back, but it's not worth it from the UK.

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Mine appears fine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Lucky you

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are also really off-center. The monument in particular is very conspicuous, because its back has no border at all on the right side or the bottom. It seems to be variable: a friend of mine got one that (while a bit off) was not nearly so bad.

It's not that big an issue because you only have to draw them once, at the start of the game, and you can just draw them while looking away to make sure you don't see, but it is a disappointment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly same problem with the mini expansion 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkwing Dahl wrote:

My copy was fine, haven't tried #2, waiting to see if anyone posts a picture as to how poorly aligned they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Darkwing Dahl wrote:

Mine was fine, or else I can’t tell what this problem is. Both mine (#1 and #2) seem fine to me in all respects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to get a picture of mine posted soon. (Should have thought of that myself.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Susie_Cat wrote:

It was just recently brought to our attention. The publishers suggest drawing the tiles from a black bag. We are updating the store website to let everyone know the issue with this promo.

Or how about you put them in a ziplock bag, close your eyes and hand out the two tiles. It's unfortunate but not a deal breaker for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is fine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind picking up promo #2 but hearing that some are misaligned not sure I want to gamble the $ for it. I know it may not be a big deal, but not drawing from a bag. I'd rather go without one tile...

Update: I gambled and ordered promo #2, it was fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered it, reallyoff center... probably there are 2 different printings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I recently ordered a couple copies of Promo 1 and Promo 2. The BGG Store still has the disclaimer about the printing error, but I found neither of my Promo 2s to really have that big of a problem. One was indistinguishable from the tiles of the base game while the other was slightly off, but barely noticeable. Seems to be a lot of variance among experiences here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.