Subject: Collectors Dream - The Three Guardsmen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Ivinia
United States
Berea
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have to tell the story of how I got this game and posted it here. Those who collect might find it interesting.

While scanning through games on Ebay, I came across the sale of the board for the game - The Three Guardsmen. No pieces, no rules, just the board. I vowed to win that item and make it my personal quest to obtain the pieces and rules. I bid on it and won it for $5 from a seller in one of the southern states here in the U.S.

Finding information on this game was extremely difficult! Pretty much non-existent. One site had an image of the name plate. Nothing more. Another site stated it had the rules for the game but you had to pay for it. That was it. Nothing else anywhere.

I began to think that this quest that I forced upon myself was going to be more difficult than I first anticipated. Of course that only made me more determined. Afterall, isn't that what collecting is about?

Well, the unexpected happened a mere two weeks later. Another seller on Ebay from Nebraska was selling the pieces and rules to The Three Guardsmen - no board. I won them for $5. (Don't EVEN ask what my high bid was...I was NOT going to let that slip by!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you share the rules on this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blayne Riffle

Springfield
Missouri
msg tools
mb
I know this is an old thread, but I'm getting a copy of this soon. I'm not sure the state of the box, board, or if all the pieces are there, but I'm getting it.

My dad has my Great Grandmother's copy that is missing 1 piece so we will for sure have a full set.

Info on this game is virtually nonexistent, but I loved this game as a kid. It's simple to play, but difficult to master. I plan on doing a full review once I have a copy for pictures and video. It will be my first video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.