Kevin Hadley

Rapid City
South Dakota
msg tools
mb
I have developed a prototype for a game and I am looking for playtesters.

The game is called Natural Selection. You are an alien competing against OTHER aliens to evolve dinosaur species on pre-historic earth. Each Period (triassic, jurassic, cretaceous) occurs in three stages: evolution stage, survival stage, and predatorial stage.

During the evolution stage, you draft evolution parts to build up your creature similar to other drafting mechanics. Will you be able to "naturally select" the best parts for your creature?

In the survival stage, you put your new parts to the test to get the best food. Food earns you more money to buy better parts in future periods.

In the predatorial stage, you are trying to survive against a predator by hiding from it, running from it, or confronting it. If you do survive, you earn points.

At the end, you add up your points from surviving against predators, and from how well you evolved your creature to determine the winner.

It should play within 60 minutes. It plays 2-4 players. If you are interested in play testing the game for me, PM me with an email address and I'll send the necessary files via transferbigfiles.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much PnP is involved? Have you prepared a log sheet, questionnaire or similar to aid your test subjects?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hadley

Rapid City
South Dakota
msg tools
mb
By PnP, I assume you mean print and play? A somewhat reasonable amount. The play mats just need to be printed. There are approximately 108 cards though,and they need to be printed/cutout. The rest are tokens. If you can find useful alternatives (from other games or whatever), feel free.

I have not prepared a log sheet, but I do have "Notes for Playtesters" that include things I would like you to keep track of. This includes, play time, number of players, and general notes of the game.

However, I can put together a log sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I like the idea of "generalizing" how well your species does by looking at a particular example in a particular situation. That's interesting.

I also love the competition for Food, though I can't help but wonder, is more always better? Could you consume all that Food? Are you a Gatherer, who stores the Food in little nests? Does having all that Food make you a target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Japan
Fujisawa
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving the theme. Good luck on your project !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hadley

Rapid City
South Dakota
msg tools
mb
It isn't so much MORE food, but rather BETTER food. It is the concept of "low-hanging fruit".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hadley

Rapid City
South Dakota
msg tools
mb
wondering how the playtesting is occuring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzie
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton
badge
A Hug a Day keeps the Doctor away!
mbmbmbmbmb
blush sorry August have been chaos so we haven't yet managed to get a play in but I am looking forward to trying in the next few weeks and giving you some feedback. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hadley

Rapid City
South Dakota
msg tools
mb
got v1.5 out.

Mainly made survivability more cut throat, made combat more streamlined, and made two player better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.