Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
(oops! really late on this one)

Will you please adopt one of the new June 2013 microbadge orphans?

Hello everyone! Thank you for joining me here this evening to discuss a matter of great importance.

Microbadge designers slave away for countless hours every month to raise up new microbadges from the depths of nothingness into full fledged 16x16 works of art. Then they send out their new babies into the BGG wilds to find new families who will love, nurture, and display them proudly under their avatars and in their profiles. For a microbadge there is no greater joy!!

But sadly I come before you tonight with a troubling tale. Some microbadges find no family in the cold harsh streets of BGG and are simply left to hide in the shadows under the geeklist overpasses only dreaming that one day someone will spot them and love them for who they are. Who are these microbadges? They are the obscure, quirky, and sometimes wart-laden - but regardless they all deserve love and above all else A HOME!

How do you adopt?

Just pick one of the microbadges below, post the microbadge in your message and let everyone know why you want it. Then you have two options:

1) If a cute little urchin microbadge catches your eye, buy the microbadge yourself - the microbadges and designers thank you! Just let us know in your post that you've completed a full adoption!

2) Post which badge you want to adopt and wait for financial assistance from myself and others. I will tip at least one for everyone who makes an adoption donation request, possibly more if GG finances permit.

Also: there is a microbadge available for purchase to show your support of the initiative as well  I gave a loving home to an orphan microbadge

Once every badge has found a home I will update the original post and new adoptions will be closed

Thank you for supporting the children microbadges!!!

P.S. Don't forget to subscribe to Microbadge Adopt-an-orphan initiative - No microbadge left behind! to be notified of future threads!

The badges:
0 -  ApocalypZe Card Game fan
0 -  RPG: Steampunk genre fan
0 -  New Order fan
0 -  King Crab Lover
0 -  Descent fan - I am a material defender!
0 -  Libertalia fan - cursed relic (Libertalia fan)
0 -  Blood Bowl fan - Norse (Blood Bowl fan)
0 -  Kemet fan - mummy
0 -  Kemet fan - phoenix
0 -  Kemet fan - sphinx
0 -  Suits fan - Mike Ross
0 -  Suits fan - Rachel Zane
0 -  Suits fan - Jessica Pearson
0 -  Will it Blend? (Yes, it blends!)
0 -  The World's End fan (The World's End: Prepare to get annihilated)
0 -  20mm wargamer
0 -  Epigo fan
0 -  King Of Tokyo fan - Kraken (Fan of Kraken. AKA "Phil")
0 -  John Ostrander fan
0 -  World War Z: The Game fan
0 -  Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan - Shield User (My shields are quite operational)
0 -  Acer user
0 -  I've played games in Argentina
0 -  I've played games in Switzerland
0 -  I've played games in Indonesia
0 -  I've played games in Norway
0 -  I've played games in Ireland
0 -  I've played games in Qatar
0 -  I've played games in Hong Kong
0 -  I've played games in Chile
0 -  I've played games in Iceland
0 -  King Of Tokyo fan - Gigazaur ("Giga Roar!!")
0 -  Crysis Analogue Edition: The Board Game fan
0 -  Mystic Point - Hong Kong Disneyland (Mystic Point, Hong Kong Disneyland fan)
0 -  Crysis Series fan
0 -  Mascarade fan
0 -  Rivals for Catan fan - iOS
0 -  Gearworld: The Borderlands fan
0 -  Xia: Legends of a Drift System fan - Constant Sorrow
0 -  Xia: Legends of a Drift System fan - The Krembler
0 -  Hunters of Arcfall fan - hit (Hunters of Arcfall fan)
0 -  Hunters of Arcfall fan - stun (Hunters of Arcfall fan)
0 -  Escape: Fighting for Freedom fan
0 -  Hunters of Arcfall fan - hit (Hunters of Arcfall fan)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll fully sponsor the first 5 adoptions for people who already have the mb badge to thank you for your continued support of the initiative!

Full adoption funding limit reached - I'll still tip adoptions though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take  John Ostrander fan

I made that after a request but the "requester" didn't seem to like it. Or is a dead-beat like me...

coollaughmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
For fully sponsored prize I'll adopt this baby

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
mbmbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:
I'll take  John Ostrander fan

I made that after a request but the "requester" didn't seem to like it. Or is a dead-beat like me...

coollaughmeeple

Bought, thanks!

If I wasn't saving for a specific MB, I'd get this one:
 Escape: Fighting for Freedom fan

Awesome!!!
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
For fully sponsored prize I'll adopt this one

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
I bought Gearworld....I guess since I playtested it, might as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I bought Gearworld....I guess since I playtested it, might as well.

After you bought the game, you now just need the corresponding microbadge to go with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Schwartzkopf wrote:
I have adopted these three. Still 14.16.080gg short of being able to buy the complete set for where all I've played, but I guess I can just start out with buying the others early while I hit geekmod to gather the rest. (edit: thanks!) thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll adopt this one to help the cause!

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLoughlin
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take the King of Tokyo Kraken fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:

mb

you're always very helpful! You much have a big house for all the microbadge orphans.

(nice wings by the way!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
Pone4games wrote:

mb

you're always very helpful! You much have a big house for all the microbadge orphans.

(nice wings by the way!)

I'll be rotating in the other set during the week. As always wonderful work to you and all the other badge creators! My cup runneth over! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Kemet fan - mummy is now mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.