SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE - The story has run in the Life & Times section today. It's a pretty good write up. A few small errors and no contact details, but it's a good story anyway. Nice quotes and a colour photo of Zug um Zug being played.

Run out and buy your copy today!

You'll recall that Beyond Monopoly! was visited by a reporter and photographer from York's newspaper The Evening Press some weeks back? Well I'm told the story will run in tomorrow's edition in the Features section (Saturday 25/02/2006). I have no idea how big the piece will be. It could be just a small paragrah, but...they did take photos, she did stay for two hours, played Carc all the way through and seemed genuinely interested.

Unfortunately she did not follow me up with an email so I only go to pass on BGG details when I emailed the editor Thursday night. So possibly no links to here.

It may go online in their archive, but England is not as net savvy as the modern world.

We shall see...

Next Beyond Monopoly! is Saturday 4th March.
For more details, check out our main thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/57583
or our wiki for more details:
http://bmyork.pbwiki.com/

Beyond Monopoly! is York's best gameclub, open 10.30am to 5.30pm at Guppys on Nunnery Lane. It's just a short walk from the railway station, and we get plenty of gamers from all around. You'll be very welcome, especially if you are new to german games. You don't have to know anything, we'll show you a variety of games, and there are plenty of people to explain the rules. Drop in when you want (£3.40 on the door, less for Guppys members).

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Re: Beyond Monopoly! is in newspaper today Sat's Evening Pre
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
UPDATE - The story has run in the Life & Times section today. It's a pretty good write up. A few small errors and no contact details, but it's a good story anyway. Nice quotes and a colour photo of Zug um Zug being played.

"Being played" is a bit of an over-statement, Jon: we mocked up a game in progress for the sake of the camera, then played something else when the photographer went away

Glad it got a good write up. Maybe you could bring the article along on Saturday and pin it up, for those without access to York's local press?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have put the article onto their website now:
http://www.thisisyork.co.uk/york/news/YORK_NEWS_GENFEATURES0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Good article, nothing much to complain about there. Your quotes make the games sound intriguing, Glen implies it's not for geeks (Ha! Little do they know!) and I think the reporter conveys a sense of enthusiasm for the hobby and the club. The article gives the location, forthcoming dates and opening times, so I don't think the lack of contact details is much to worry about. I would prepare for a rush!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.