Subject: Complete set - can you include bonus icons? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
To get the award with a complete set, the rules say
Quote:
If a player obtains one of each result in his Final Tally (a Complete Set) he CHOOSES 1 award...

Can I include green (bonus) results in this calculation? They are in my Final Tally (which suggests 'yes') but they are not RWB (but the rules don't say they need to be...).

If it's ok to include greenies to get an award then suddenly the Scout became even more useful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules say that bonus icons are added to the final tally and can trigger another RWB.
As long as straight is considered as RWB - it should be acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

No. The last line of the Bonuses per turn paragraph (pg 10) reads, "These bonus results do not have a specific color, cannot allow a player to obtain RWB bonuses or Awards and cannot be traded with the Lieutenant."
No super scouts, I'm afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that excerpt from p10 is pretty definitive. No set completion (for Awards) from bonus icons. Well spotted, tanik!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just learning the game, and this thread caught my eye.

The Straight rules state: If a player roles one of each symbol (regardless of color) he earns an Award.

Pro regarding using bonus icon to achieve Straight: 1) Straights are a separate heading from RWB; 2) page 10's description specifically prohibits RWB, but does not state anything regarding Straight.

Con regarding using bonus icon to achieve Straight: Straight rule states If a player roles …. Bonus icons are not rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.