Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
In the spectrum that ranges from security to freedom, defining the pole of security are the forces of Control. Its agents seek always to dominate, influence, and direct. On the island, in the future, a champion of this ideology will rise. From the lowly profession of exterminator, a fascist dictator is being thrust into power through the machinations of a bizarre device yet to be invented. Even now, the mechanism's unwitting dupes and tools work to complete the perfect social crystal of Control on the island in his name. The name of Clyde Throckmorton.

The traits Control and Throckmorton go together very well and thus lend themselves to an interesting theme deck. The main puller is Clyde himself, made especially dangerous with an Undeserved Influence and the Throckmorton Device in play. Undeserved Influence can also go well on Angela after the Device hits the table. Kofi and Barber are two the best blockers in the game, but the hitters here are weak at best. Both are Human and have low AP. The support cards are there to help with this deficiency by slowing the opponents (Idelological Polarization and Sabotage) as well as Immunity and Gang A Gley to prevent them from slowing you. In essence, this is a simple deck counting on risk free influence and a quick, but relentless, push to victory. Dont forget to weasel your friends into holding each other in check while you make that push.

Throckmorton Domination

Pullers

2 Undeserved Power
2 Emer O'Tillery
2 Throckmorton Device
2 Clyde Throckmorton (D99)

Attackers

2 Akio Morimoto (C51)
2 Malak Suzier (C82)

Defenders

2 Barber Hammock
2 Kofi Ogunlala

Special Characters

2 Angela Reyes
1 Michiko Ishii
1 Ricardo Martinez (A91)

Extra Cards

1 Newtonian Slam
1 Touchy Explosives
1 Wheel of Fortune
2 Ideological Polarization
2 Immunity
2 Sabotage
2 Blackmail
2 Gang A-Gley

Resources

8 Duped & Narcotized Masses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad Deitrick
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hmm, I tried to build an approximation of this deck with my collection, but I just realized I am using the wrong Clyde Throckmorton...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.