Subject: War of the Rings Solitaire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Any try War of the Rings solitaire? Does this work at all? I know there are some rules for this uploaded here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are willing to play split personality style it works fine. I wouldn't recommend using any solitaire rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It works; you only lose the "surprise effect" of the cards.

There's also a variant (you should find the link here on BGG) to play against a "dummy" (a set of rules "playing" the Shadow), but it wasn't SO good the last time that I tried it (but I know it is constantly updated, so you could like to try it).

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
FP military relies more on bluffing than any other aspect of the game. Thus the "valid" games of solitaire tend to be also boring games without much military interaction. However, I do reccomend playing DEW-North versus Strider Sprint a few times, since these strategies are so one-dimensional that the other player's moves almost don't matter. And while you're at it, report back the results you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right, get him to do the leg work for you!

I played yesterday split personality style, pretending not to know the cards. First game was Strider Sprint vs attack on Gondor+Rohan/Lorien. Strider died to Foul Thing from the Deep about halfway to Mordor, but the Fellowship still won. Indeed they had time for a dwarven invasion of Rhun while they were at it.

Second game was DEW North vs Early Aragorn. Fellowship won again, Shadow got hit by Fear Fire Foes! and Book of Mazarbul, and Help Unlooked for also delayed matters, not to mention Isengard getting slaughtered at the Fords by the Ents... Most companions were seperated and Gollum was the guide for much of the game.

I think all this is showing is that I am better at playing Fellowship than Shadow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.