Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dark Knight can deal one rout icon per own different standing unit type in battle. I know already that unit types are discriminated by name, and not by base.

My question is: Does the Dark Knight unit type itself count for that? I assume yes, because lacking the word "other" in the description of the ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is always in the last place you look
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've always played that way as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it counts itself, as long as there are still standing Dark Knights when you resolve the ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
The Dark Knight can deal one rout icon per own different standing unit type in battle. I know already that unit types are discriminated by name, and not by base.

Who is discriminated against? Are your Dark Knights discriminated against because they have a hex base? Thats pretty incorrect by your other units! I would refuse to play with such units laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Hermjard wrote:

Who is discriminated against? Are your Dark Knights discriminated against because they have a hex base? Thats pretty incorrect by your other units! I would refuse to play with such units laugh

END ANTI-HEX DISCRIMINATION! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know "to discriminate by" is another word for "to differentiate by", see the mathematical term "discriminant".

It's not my fault, that political activists permanently steal words and give them certain connotations. But I know, that I am not willing to play their game using certain words only in a way, they want, or even worse, to use only the words, they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.