20 Posts

Cave Evil» Forums » General

Subject: "Final Printing" Really?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EEE states that this is the "final printing" of cave evil. I am curious to know if that there may be a "revised", or "second ed" printing after this one, or is this truly the final last printing. If it is the last printing I am just curious of the reasons behind EEE's decision to discontinue the game even if the demand may be there.

Also wondering if you could give us a bit of insight to what you have planned for expansions(cards only, fully playable all in one expansion, new cavern types, etc.)
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this is surprising in the least. Based on the limited print runs of their back catalogue of games, we're lucky that we're even getting this second printing.
Like the previous poster suggested, the designers, being creative people, likely want to move onto new things. Nothing about the way they do business suggests they're doing this to achieve profit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
I don't think I'm guessing to hard to think a group of guys self publishing niche games from their home is the reason why they want to move on to other projects rather than plan additional reprints.

True, but they could have easily said nothing about this being the final printing, then do a third printing when/if the time or opportunity presented itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW I am not implying any thing about possible/perceived "motives" about reprinting this. I know that they are an interdependent game producer. Just wondering about the actual finality of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
REPEAL THE 8TH
mbmbmbmbmb
From this thread...

Quote:
If pre-orders exceed a certain point than upping to 2000 would be done. But final printing is absolutely definite! 420 is the only assurance that it moves forward into the realm of printing 1000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini Blackwizard
United States
Cold Cliff Castle
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Never say Never'... But be prepared to wait 5-10 years, just to find out it still might not happen for another 5-10...
That being said, this is the final print run by EEE, and currently- that is the only way it will ever happen.
If for instance, it is licensed for production overseas, it will surely be of a similar limited print run (big giant IF there).

The expansions will include a new everything, as well new things that are not part of the original everything.
The variants book will give you dozens of different games/options with the base or expanded game.

And yep we are just doing this out of a niche in the garage for a niche audience (HAILS!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1000scorpions wrote:

The expansions will include a new everything, as well new things that are not part of the original everything.
The variants book will give you dozens of different games/options with the base or expanded game.

wooooohaa! this is the substantial part of your message (for me ehm)
I can't wait! all thumbs up..wishing the best of luck to you guys, may your garage be full of stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1000scorpions wrote:

Drooling on my keyboard - keys get stuck as I write thiiiis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes, no really does mean no.

No need to wonder.

They are done with this game. Time to move on.

Now, you could be a gambler and see what happens in the future. For such a low cost, the upside of waiting in the future seems quite low.

necroloid123 wrote:
red black wrote:
I don't think I'm guessing to hard to think a group of guys self publishing niche games from their home is the reason why they want to move on to other projects rather than plan additional reprints.

True, but they could have easily said nothing about this being the final printing, then do a third printing when/if the time or opportunity presented itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Caraway
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ordered. Make it happen!

Now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great!! ..only 66.6 left to meet the goal!

SO EXCITED!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
when it goes to 6.66 i'll order a fourth one devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are we doing? Cant wait!devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
REPEAL THE 8TH
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody had better get a mop, the Necrovat is overflowing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Cloverdale
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Dam, I wanted to order this game but at $61 to ship I can't justify the total cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you located?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Cloverdale
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Western Australia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking to Milsim on Thursday. He spoke about picking up some games. If this happens it might be a cheaper route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Cloverdale
Western Australia
flag msg tools
dragonblaster wrote:
I was talking to Milsim on Thursday. He spoke about picking up some games. If this happens it might be a cheaper route.

They have a pre-order already it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.