Popular Tags: [View All]
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Something odd seems to have happened to the game ranking system. The 'user rank' for games is different in the two places it appears - Puerto Rico has a 'headline' rank of 2, and a rank in the statistics section of 1. This is reflected all the way down.

It appears to be being caused by 'A Game of Life' which is appearing at number 1 in the list, with a bayesian average rating of 68.4 out of 10. It's headline rating is 1, but the statistics section reflects its true rating of 3043.

*EDIT* - On a little further investigation, there is some Spinal Tap doggery going on with the rating graph, as it now goes up to 11!

Hmmm...

Cheers!

goonarrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I forgot to cap the rating at 10. I just fixed the bug and removed the erroneous ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hartstein
United States
North Plainfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good fix. You might want, at some point, to programmatically go through the database and correct any other "inappropriate" ratings which may have snuck in prior to fixing the interface. I know there's at least one number still in there which isn't in the range of 1-10.

This was submitted as Bug #742. Probably time to go ahead and close it out now.

However, a Feature Request: It might be nice if something in the interface (where it says submitted, perhaps) informed the user that there had been a problem with the data and it had been corrected. If my rating of 2, which I had accidentally entered as 22, was corrected to a 10, I'd probably like to know about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.