Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Efficiency Committee and Freelance Coding Contract, by Jason Rumpff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Jason Rumpff's website:
http://jrumpfillustrationportfolio.tumblr.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be a downer, but do we really need a thread for each image (or set of images), when you could just upload them to the game's gallery, at which point they would have their own psuedo-thread anyway? It's triggering my subscriptions needlessly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Not to be a downer, but do we really need a thread for each image (or set of images), when you could just upload them to the game's gallery, at which point they would have their own psuedo-thread anyway? It's triggering my subscriptions needlessly.

Generally I had a favorable response to these. Additionally, I would not like to host the images on BGG.com (these are the links the artists gave me). For example, a few weeks ago we had an artist post illustrations that are not publicly available yet, and by posting them outside of BGG he could pull them off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:

Personally I find it refreshing to have subscriptions pop up for art work versus stupid repetitive questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
InfoCynic wrote:

Personally I find it refreshing to have subscriptions pop up for art work versus stupid repetitive questions.

If I manage to get the art for Account Siphon I promise to have a different title for the post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been meaning to say, and now seems like a good time: Thanks for posting these. So cool to really take the time to appreciate the great art, in such a high detail way.

.....and now for a silly, ignorant question (my specialty). What comes first, the art or the card? In other words, is it:
1) Here is a card and what it does, can you make an image?
2) Hey, I like that image, can we use it for the card?
3) Hey, we are making a cyberpunk game, can you make up bunch of cyberpunk art?

Guessing it might be a mix of the 3.

Thanks again,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's like Magic, FFG designs the card, the art department decides on description and commissions the artist to draw it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
I have been meaning to say, and now seems like a good time: Thanks for posting these. So cool to really take the time to appreciate the great art, in such a high detail way.

.....and now for a silly, ignorant question (my specialty). What comes first, the art or the card? In other words, is it:

Thanks again,
Ken

If you look back to Kraken, the artist speaks a little bit about the direction they were given to make the card and the challenges they had with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought someone made a main post with all the artists work, why not link there and bump it when updated?

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a wiki where anyone can link the outside images, and a single thread that people can post in (with links, if desired) when they update the wiki? Wikis work better than constantly relying on one person to update the single FP in a thread, for example. BGG wikis are very feature-poor, but should get the job done.

As for stupid repetitive questions... well, if it gets bad, I'll just block "rules." I already blocked "Strategy" which I don't want to, but I don't really want to read 20 decklists per day with no comments. Maybe it's gotten better...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the whole deck list thing is still bad. Keep it blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the second one, but in the first that guy on the left has a really abnormally long left arm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
I like the second one, but in the first that guy on the left has a really abnormally long left arm

Bioroid. They build 'em how it suits 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Iirion Claus for posting them. I actually find it really nice to find them here in the general chat. Then each image or two can be discussed separately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy the threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liiga Smilshkalne
Latvia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for finding the images and collecting them on the boards! The artwork is my favorite part about Android: Netrunner (professional bias ), so I really look forward to seeing the illustrations.

bigloo33 wrote:

Thanks again,
Ken

It's generally "here is the description of the illustration you need to make for this card + technical information about this illustration". After that comes a multiple stage approval process with very informative feedback because FFG's art directors are pretty awesome and might be made entirely of cake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:

Thanks again,
Ken

You might enjoy the Cardboard of the Rings podcast where they interview FFG Artist (Warhammer, Star Wars, LOTR) Magali Villeneuve, it covers a lot of that.

http://cardboardoftherings.com/2013/06/13/e45-bonjour-magali...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.