City of Horror» Forums » Sessions

Subject: City of Horror - mini-review after 2 very different 4-player games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I know it is said the game plays better above 4 players (5 and 6), but for the time being I've had only the chance to 2 4-player games. And got to say that both games, although very different, left a good flavour.

In the first game everyone was very cooperative. Our hand of action cards was full of cards for killing zombies (lawnmower included), so there were very few zombie attacks. The final score was 11 - 12 - 12 - 14 points, with 3 characters alive per player and some food cans. Backstabbing only took place in the last round.

The second game developed completely different. Mainly, I guess, because of the fact that our hand of action cards lacked killing zombies' cards. Since we couldn't kill zombies, every player tried to avoid being eaten, thus stealing cards and votes from others, and backstabbing and cut-throating every now and then. The final score was 3 - 6 - 6 - 7, with only 1 character alive per player (except for a player that saved 2 characters, scoring 6, not winning). Action cards were used for hurting other players, for re-flipping characters powers in the Church, and for some antidotes. We run out of them very quick , so very few food cans were acquired. Moreover, the water-tower was deserted on second round because two explosions menaced the watchers' integrity

Both games were pretty fun, but developed so differently (as I said, I think it's a matter of the initial hand of cards). In both games, the player on the lead didn't win, because on the last round he was targeted by everyone. So it seems better not to catch much attention .

All in all, very good negotiation and back-stabbing game. It requires a certain type of people, or attitude, to play with, so no one gets mad. Both games lasted less than 2 ours, despite all the time invested in negotiations and threats whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.