W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Handy (Brent, Max, PD, Eric, Ryan, Linda -- in order around the table)

Yet another SimplyFun item, this dexterity game puts you in two person teams with each person in two teams. My teams, for example, were me and PD and me and Ryan. On a turn, you and your teammate flip over one of your five cards, with each card designating a specific finger or the thumb. You then take a squishy ball of your team's color and hold it between the designated fingers: my index finger and Ryan's ring finger, for instance.

Then going clockwise around the table, each team flips over two cards and adds a ball to the "hand tree," as the structure is called. So Ryan and Linda would hold a ball, with Ryan now supporting two balls. Then Linda and Brent would add a ball, and so on. If a team drops a ball, it's out of the game and the other teams return their balls to their reserve. We occasionally had a round get past six balls, and once we reached eight balls with me having four fingers occupied, but typically we got a bit shaky before that point and something would slip.

A round ends if a team is supposed to place a ball and they have none in reserve. Each team scores points equal to the number of balls in reserve or in the hand tree. Play three rounds and see which team wins.

It was edging towards 1am, and Brent seemed ready to nod off, but he proved the steadiest hand with both of his teams ending the first round with three (out of five) balls. PD, Max, and I all had five balls left between our two teams. Rather than have Brent drop completely, and not just his balls, we stopped after one round, which had lasted 20-25 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.