Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Hold the Line: Frederick's War» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1) Cavalry Charge Fails to Dislodge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

It's not clear where cavalry charges go when they fail to dislodge their intended target from the hex. I played that they stop in the hex short of the intended target, which seems pretty doggone reasonable. I'd love an official ruling.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not official, but that is how I'd play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, same with close combat that fail to dislodge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Close Combat makes perfect sense since you're starting right next to the unit, and it's foot soldiers -- you are rebuffed by the opposing line. I started talking myself into a cavalry charge being able to pick any adjoining hex since it would pass through infantry in squares and could chase other cavalry . . . and . . . it became apparent that I needed to stop thinking so much. The game is designed to be simple.

So I've made a mental note that I need to specify the path of approach since you could hit the enemy from multiple hexes and may prefer one over the other in the event of a rebuff. I'm using my patented "lean" method where I lean the attacking chit on the edge of the defending from the direction the attack is originating.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.