Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How/Does size matter? Is Pitchcar a better game than Pitchcar Mini, if you have a place to set it up and store it? Second question, what dimensions would you need to set up the full-sized version. We have a table that's probably about 30 x 96 (maybe longer, but probably not wider) -- would that be sufficient or are we talking floor?

Trying to decide between the two version and would appreciate any other insights you might have!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithhemb wrote:
How/Does size matter? Is Pitchcar a better game than Pitchcar Mini, if you have a place to set it up and store it? Second question, what dimensions would you need to set up the full-sized version. We have a table that's probably about 30 x 96 (maybe longer, but probably not wider) -- would that be sufficient or are we talking floor?

Trying to decide between the two version and would appreciate any other insights you might have!

I don't know about Pitchcar mini, but a standard Pitchcar does fit on the size table you are describing. I typically run it at conventions using 3 sets and 3 actions sets (using both Carabande & Pitchcar using jumps to bridge the incompatibility.) and use two tables of that size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
smithhemb wrote:

Pitchcar is better than Pitchcar Mini. The cars/disks in mini are so small that they are really hard to judge (but that may be an artifact of my crokinole playing).

I often use a table that is 32x72 to setup both PC & the PC expansion, and they fit just fine, though it does limit the layout possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy pitchcar mini but I haven't tried the other. Some say that with pitchcar mini the cars go off the track easier, some like that as it becomes part of the game to be able to control your car while making it go the furthest possible while others probably just want to power their car around the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My table is about the size of yours, maybe shorter, and I have been able to bulid every example track that comes with Pitchcar on it, but sometimes it takes a little sliding around while building it to get it to fit right .

My main concern with Mini is exactly as stated above, I can imagine how easy it would be to overpower the smaller cars. We do that now on occasion with the bigger ones, and the smaller ones would really fly fast, and on a smaller track, hit the sides alot harder...

If you can afford it, and have the space, buy full PC. If not, buy Mini, because the game is awesome and everybody should own a version of it .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have Pitchcar Mini and like it a lot. It's convenient, because we can take it anywhere and play on almost any level table - even a card table. I've played Carabande but not Pitchcar. imho, there isn't any real problem with cars flying off in Pitchcar Mini - it just requires more finesse. Even second graders figure out how to play without sending the cars flying. I have to wonder how people who have problems are playing? After all, it's a dexterity game, not a "flick the disc as hard as you can" game.

That said, if your table is big enough, you can afford it and you don't anticipate taking it other places to play it, there's no reason not to buy Pitchcar. You won't regret buying Pitchcar or Pitchcar Mini - hours and hours of fun await!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.