Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kneel Before Your King rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
grease meat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So on the 2nd encounter of The Man Who Would Be King finale, I notice the wording under the special rules: "During this quest, as an action, Zachareth or one of his lieutenants may attempt to use the effect of the "Dark Charm" OL card once per overlord turn..."

At first I assume it's only meant for during that second encounter, but then wouldn't they have said Encounter, instead of Quest? It's just 2 parts of the same quest... so can I Dark Charm these cockaroaches in the first Encounter thru Splig/Alric/Belthir??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
evilhead wrote:
So on the 2nd encounter of The Man Who Would Be King finale, I notice the wording under the special rules: "During this quest, as an action, Zachareth or one of his lieutenants may attempt to use the effect of the "Dark Charm" OL card once per overlord turn..."

At first I assume it's only meant for during that second encounter, but then wouldn't they have said Encounter, instead of Quest? It's just 2 parts of the same quest... so can I Dark Charm these cockaroaches in the first Encounter thru Splig/Alric/Belthir??

I'm pretty certain that's just a typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grease meat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, figures. The "ignore range & line of sight" thing had me hoping.

Oh, speaking of ignoring range & line of sight, is that what Lord Merick does with the Staff of Shadows? He just forces a reroll on anyone on Encounter 2, regardless of the door etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilhead wrote:
Alright, figures. The "ignore range & line of sight" thing had me hoping.
What does it suppose to mean?

evilhead wrote:
Oh, speaking of ignoring range & line of sight, is that what Lord Merick does with the Staff of Shadows? He just forces a reroll on anyone on Encounter 2, regardless of the door etc?
Just read what it does and it does what is written.
It doesn't say anything about line of sight or range so why bother?
This is not a weapon. This ability is not an attack.
You can force re-roll of your dice too.
If you have Staff of Shadows in the last quest then you have had it in at lest 4 previous quests.
Any lieutenant can wield Staff of Shadows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.