Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Byrer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my pre-order of White Moon, and the ghost cards are pretty noticeably bigger than the ghost cards from the base game. I'm guessing this will be true for all copies of the expansion, but thought I'd check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Sweet. Somehow I am not surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
senatorflagg wrote:
Just got my pre-order of White Moon, and the ghost cards are pretty noticeably bigger than the ghost cards from the base game. I'm guessing this will be true for all copies of the expansion, but thought I'd check.

The same thing was true for my copy of Black Secret, but not for my first edition of White Moon. Did they change printers/machines?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a known problem if you have an older version of the base game.

Just contact Asmodee or Repos Prod and they will send you a new set of base cards (they did it for me a few years ago).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received a new set of base cards for Ghost Stories as the cards for Black Secret were slightly too big.

The replacement cards are exactly the same size as my original Ghost Stories cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
I recently received a new set of base cards for Ghost Stories as the cards for Black Secret were slightly too big.

The replacement cards are exactly the same size as my original Ghost Stories cards.

So they sent you a replacement deck, but the cards still didn't match the Black Secret cards?

I'm confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
peltazoid wrote:

So they sent you a replacement deck, but the cards still didn't match the Black Secret cards?

I'm confused.

Yep.

I contacted Repos and they said that it was the Ghost Stories cards that were wrong NOT the Black Secret cards and sent me a new deck from Ghost Stories.

These are the messages from Repos

Fred Bizet, Repos wrote:
Hello,
in fact the Black Secret's cards are correct. The wrong size of cards concerns the cards from Ghost Stories.
Give me your address and I'll send you a new set of cards.
Regards

me wrote:
Hi, I have received the replacement cards for ghost stories. The cards for Black secret are still to large as the replacement cards are exactly the same size as my original ghost stories cards.

Have I been sent the wrong set?

Thanks

Fred Bizet, Repos wrote:
Hello,
I'm sorry but I don't know what to do.
You can use cards sleeves to make the differences disappear.

I haven't checked my White Moon cards as of yet as I have only just picked that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
micro mantis

Illinois
msg tools
I'm using my base game cards in Fantasy Flight American card sleeves, the white moon expansion cards should fit OK in those too?

Perhaps the latest? edition of the base game has the same size cards as the new white moon reprint. I think I have an older print as the instructions say 2008-2010 (3 languages) and the product code is GHO MU01 with the female red Taoist artwork on front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I found I had the same problem - cards didn't match, but replacement cards also didn't match. But in practice the size difference has not been really noticable unsleeved. I've not seen the new White Moon print, but if its the same size discrepancy I would suggest its perfectly usable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
micromantis wrote:
I'm using my base game cards in Fantasy Flight American card sleeves, the white moon expansion cards should fit OK in those too?

Perhaps the latest? edition of the base game has the same size cards as the new white moon reprint. I think I have an older print as the instructions say 2008-2010 (3 languages) and the product code is GHO MU01 with the female red Taoist artwork on front.

I seem to remember the sleeves for my base game were Mayday USA (56 mm x 87 mm) and the sleeves I had to get for Black Secret were Mayday "Chimera" (57.5 mm x 89 mm) which are slightly bigger. Unfortunately this means you can actually still tell the difference between the two sizes when sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have the same problem between the base game and White Moon. My base game is one of the earlier editions.

I've mailed Repos to see if they'll replace my cards. Fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem here. I also have three different card sizes for Base Set (2010 print?), White Moon (most recent printing), and Black Secret (2011 print?).

I'm in touch with Asmodee US, so I'll see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked earlier and my White Moon cards are the same size as the base game.

On the bottom of the box for the base game it says GHO-MU01 barcode is 5425016920336 and is Copyright 2008 (from the rules)

White Moon is GHO-WM01 barcode is 5425016920435 and has Copyright 2008-2009

Black Secret is GHO-BS01 run GA201107 barcode 5425016920695 Copyright 2011
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Byrer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They already got back to me and said they would send me new base game cards, without me even asking, so it sounds as if they were already aware of the problem. I'm surprised if it was a problem with old copies of the base game, since I only picked it up this past year. Doesn't mean it isn't an old copy, of course, could just be bad luck on my part. Oh well, at very worst they'll need to be sleeved, which I was planning to do anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
micro mantis

Illinois
msg tools
could anybody possibly measure a reprint white moon card and post the size?

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony M
France
flag msg tools
Same here.
BlackSecret cards are slightly biggerr (1mm, 88mm vs 87mm) than all others (GS 2nd ed., WM 1st ed., various expansions). ReposProd sent me a new GhostStories card set, but it doesn't solve anything since the culprit are the BS ones.
It's only annoying when shuffling, frustrating but not a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm one of the lucky ones, it seems, as my cards from the base set and White Moon are the same size (I don't have Black Secret). They are, however, a slightly different hue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mOoOoh wrote:
Same here.
BlackSecret cards are slightly biggerr (1mm, 88mm vs 87mm) than all others (GS 2nd ed., WM 1st ed., various expansions). ReposProd sent me a new GhostStories card set, but it doesn't solve anything since the culprit are the BS ones.

I found it incredibly awkward trying to shuffle the deck because of this. Adding white moon cards too, as yet a third size and it's a royal pain to shuffle the deck. Also I find it very easy to tell which cards a which even from across the table once their altogether in the deck. The hue differences don't bother me because the cards are stacked and I can only see the one on top and thus can't compare them. But when we see a card sticking out or inset or thicker or what-have-you compared to the other cards in the deck ... we can tell if there's a White Moon or a Black Secret card coming down the pike. I haven't played a game yet because I'm hoping to get them replaced, but I'm sure it wouldn't ruin things to place as is and I'm also sure sleeving would fix it. It's still really annoying though and I don't want to fork out cash to fix a card size issue with sleeves when I've already forked out cash for the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mOoOoh wrote:
Same here.

Same. The Boss ghosts are also much redder than original and White Moon's ghosts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know where to find American Board Game sized sleeves with a colored back? I searched and searched, but the only ones I can find with a colored back are Standard size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bear in mind that even the clear backs will obfuscate small color differences by playing with the way light bounces off the card. Everything looks a little more samey in clear sleeves. It's not enough for some people, but a lot of gamers successfully sleeve away color differences between expansions with clear sleeves.

I don't know how bad your color differences are, though. Mine are pretty minor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're pretty minor, but I'd still prefer solid colored sleeves if I can find them. If not, I'll just get some clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Trumbo
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just cracked open my copy of White Moon yesterday, and the cards are the same size as my base game cards (though my Black Secret cards are larger). I bought my copy of the base game back in May of this year, if that information is of any use.

I haven't noticed any issues with the color, but I haven't looked very hard either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kert Masters
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered the base game and the white moon expansion so I'm assuming they are the new prints. So which sleeves fit the newest version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
t3stsubject wrote:
I just ordered the base game and the white moon expansion so I'm assuming they are the new prints. So which sleeves fit the newest version?

I just picked up a new printing of ghost stories & white moon from csi. There are no issues with card size and green labeled Fantasy Flight sleeves fit on them with a few cm to spare.

I do have to note an oddity that I contacted Repos about. In the base game, my repellant beauty is missing a die symbol in front of the shield (like in the older printings) but all other cards with that ability has the updated symbols (die + shield). When I contacted them they said it was not a printing error and would not replace it. It doesn't sit well with my ocd tendencies shake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.