Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to make a game out of these. Not sure how I would label them, perhaps clear adhesive stickers.

http://www.tileswithstyle.com/tiles.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
+ Tile Paints / Stencils = Hive!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrigley wrote:
+ Tile Paints / Stencils = Hive!!!

Tiles + Stickers = Hive

A nearby Teacher's store had a set of insect stickers perfect for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah!

This is sweet! Thanks for this link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive is still very much for sale. Buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, support the guy and buy Hive. I made a conscious decision to do so actually. Yes, you can job him and build your own, but come on. He came up with it, I know it's a bit high price wise, but I chose to support him.

I end my public service announcment now.

I was just jazzed by hex tiles for gaming...that's cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.mindwareonline.com/MWEstore/ProductSearch/QItemSe...={83F02198-6C32-11D3-811F-0000F80627E2}&_SESSION_ID={326F9972-F90A-45AB-88B0-852903C83B85}&_LKA=632766004536748750&Keyword=hive

$8.95 + shipping. I guess if you ordered two the cost would be pretty low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Krockover
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this will make me publicly admit something that I have never admitted to before - but when I'm sitting and "doing my business", if the floor has hexes in the tile or linoleum, then yes, I imagine pushing stacks of counters around on the floor. And I dare say that if you, as a wargamer, have not thought the same, then you are a liar! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Hive tiles are Bakelite. While ceramic is very strong, I'd wonder how effective it could be as gaming tiles, since I'm sure it stands a chance of chipping and flaking while being transported.

I know the designer of Peaceful Resistance has sold me 1" wooden hexes in the past - He had a lot made for his game, which didn't sell as well as he hoped, so in the past at GenCon I've been able to score some bags of those pieces, which are quite nice. They can easily be decorated (and even wood burned). If anybody wants, I can try to find contact information for him.

One other thing to consider is this very cool site:
http://www.incompetech.com/

You can print our your own hex sheets right here... print them on sticker stock, and you could easily apply them to other bits. Print them on sticker stock and then use some one-sided laminate on them, and you could even mark on them with dry-erase markers.

I agree with the idea that Hive is too cool to copy. I met John Yianni, and he is a genuinely super nice guy. Support him and his cool game by getting a copy - I've been playing the online version when I take a break, and have already gotten a bunch of games in with my new Bakelite set - and I *really* like it.

Ciao!

Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.