Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having difficulty understanding the wording in the English rules for the Catapult. Once I put cubes on it, do I have to expend another set of red dice to fire it? The wording in the rules seems to indicate that you can use multiple activations to fire it, but normally you can only use 1 cube per card per action. Can someone please clarify this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
The rule about using only a single cube per action doesn't apply to these mixed-effect cards from the expansion.

Right. This is spelled out at the bottom of page 1 of the rules.

Another key point is the following.

You place cubes on Activity cards with a delayed effect in the original Troyes game so as to benefit some other Action in the future. Each of these cubes lets you modify the dice group you are using for such an Action.

(This is also true of the delayed-effect Activity cards added with The Ladies of Troyes.)

Placing cubes on a mixed-type Activity card in The Ladies of Troyes is different. These cubes don't affect the dice group of some other Action later on. Rather, they can be used only for later activations of this same Activity card (as Todd pointed out). Such a later activation needs its own dice group (as well as the cube or cubes on the card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I played it correctly, but it just seemed a bit weird with the Catapult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.