Popular Tags: [View All]
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During Adventure phase...
Can i have Hero pass room 1, take X damage.
Goes to room 2 (boulder), can i choose to destroy room 1 at this moment to empower my room 2 to get +5 damage?

During Adventure phase.
If an opponent plays a spell.
Does the active player get a chance to play a spell in response...
that will take effect BEFORE the opponent's?

When building over rooms...
You keep them in a stack, no matter if it's advanced or not.
I think we definitely play this part wrong, we kept throwing away rooms we built over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Haythornthwaite
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of the room question that is how we have been playing it, that once they have moved through a room they can take that damage then you can destroy previous rooms to add additional damage should a room ability allow you to.

The order in which spells are resolved should be in order they are played, however if the response to a spell is a counter spell then that will cancel the first spell. You can also resolve according to XP on the boss card, tbh we have had some issues with resolution order ourselves.

As for your third point, I don't think this is correct, you should keep a stack of rooms, as if you destroy a room and you have rooms underneath you gain access to the room underneath again, this adds an interesting level of stratergy and certainly the way we have been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
trying to cut back on expansions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
exqcme wrote:
During Adventure phase...
During Adventure phase.
If an opponent plays a spell.
Does the active player get a chance to play a spell in response...
that will take effect BEFORE the opponent's?

Spells played by the active player are ALWAYS resolved before spells played by inactive players. Rulebook p18

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bagley
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question that ties in to this existing question:

Suppose you destroy a room in your dungeon. Will a hero pass through the newly revealed room, or not (I'm assuming he hasn't gotten to this room, yet. I'm thinking of the type of trap room that gives all rooms +2). It sounded like in the rulebook at the end that the "destroyed room" is now a blank space for the rest of the turn. Certainly it is clear that if the hero is in the room when it is destroyed, then the effect of the revealed room is null for that hero, but what about other heroes soon to pass through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Hostetler
United States
California
flag msg tools
retupmoc258 wrote:
It sounded like in the rulebook at the end that the "destroyed room" is now a blank space for the rest of the turn.

Check page 22 again. A 'Deactivated' room is treated as a "blank" space. A 'Destroyed' room is not.

retupmoc258 wrote:
Certainly it is clear that if the hero is in the room when it is destroyed, then the effect of the revealed room is null for that hero, but what about other heroes soon to pass through?

They will take damage from the newly revealed room when they enter it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.