Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I have a question,...

Can you say that you want to move to a square you can't move (because it is not in the playarea or occupierd by an enemy, then stay on the same square just to switch the tile to the other side?

for example:
if your pikeman is on the home edge of or opponten with it's main side, you only could go 1-2 squares diagonal to the front.

can you just say I "acticate" or "move" with the pikeman, stay on the same square (because you can't move) just to switch it to the other side?

The same with a strike (Star symbol)
can I strike on an unoccupied square or a square with an ally just to switch the tile to its other side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
Nope.

okay as i thought
thank you

where do you have this information?
or did I ignore this in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
Unfortunately a lot of the rules are not stated (or at least no clearly). But I rant a lot about the rule book quality so I'll get to the point. Page 3 has a diagram showing example moves. Any move shown in red is illegal. Any move that would take the piece off the board is red and is therefore illegal.

Also, there is an planned expansion (siege engines) that talks more about this. You can see the print & plan prototype rules on the official website. In that expansion there is a rules clarification about being able to flip a tile without moving it (or using an icon's action) - which can only be done if the tile has not icons on the face up side.

Awesome thank you very much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was using pieces with the 'command' ability that kind of answered this query for us (we wondered the same thing as you). At first we thought 'why command a piece to move and not just move that piece itself' and then we realised that not only is it a way to flip pieces like the General without moving them but it is a way to move other pieces without flipping them.

Each new game of this reveals even more 'awesome' moments. Love it love it love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.