Subject: AI's strange rule interpretation on the iPad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Halberstadt
Germany
Swisttal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. Last night I've played a match of Agricola against 3 AI opponents (local) on my iPad. During gameplay in stage 5 the card "Plough field and/or sow" became available. In phase 6 though, round 14 the purple and green opponents both occupied the slot one after another both making use of its benefit in the very same round. This was a total surprise to me! Since the rules clearly state that these fields may only be occupied and used by one player at a time. In my perception and following the rules an occupied slot is not available until the next round. But maybe I have simply missed something.
My question is a) are we dealing with a bug here? or b) is there a special card known which allows the use of a slot by two different players in the same round?
If it is a bug I will get in contact with playdek hoping to contribute to a bug fix (with my screen print of the weird situation).
Thanks in advance to all of you for your answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be the Field Warden: "You can use the "Take 1 Vegetable", "Plow 1 field" and "Plow 1 field and/or Sow" action even if another player has placed a person on the space."?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Halberstadt
Germany
Swisttal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I suppose that one of my adversaries will have used the Field Warden. That'll clarify it.
I just finished browsing through all the cards of the "E" deck and to scan their abilities. Thanks to your very helpful hint I was able to narrow my search and to get the answer right away.
Obviously I did not come along the field warden yet.

Greetings to Singapore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Todd
United States
Canton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend paying attention to the AIs as they play cards so you can familiarize yourself with how the different cards work and interact with the game. When that situation occurred you should have taken a look at each of their individual boards and read the cards they had in play. It does take a bit more time and effort to watch everything the other players are doing, but it is definitely worth it as a learning experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Isn't there a separate Geek for computer versions of games? Agricola has such a large volume of rules items it will really clutter it up even more to mix the boardgame with the digital version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of. VGG is where that stuff is technically supposed to go, but lots of people (myself included) don't really agree...

debate here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How about another category "iOS etc rules?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But the question was how did my opponents both take the plough/sow space which is an Agricola question and has as much to do with the board as the iOS version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maxagain
msg tools
I, too, have had issues figuring out what the hell the AI is doing. But it really does come down to, on your turn, taking a quick tour of each other player's farm. It adds a lot to strategizing, especially if you think the AI isn't going to build this round because of their resources but they have a MinImp that lowers cost, etc.

Looking at the opponent's farm is important for overall play, especially if they have Head of Fam or Field Warden (which I used recently in tandem to ensure no negative points for open space AND ensured I had five members at game's end.

A-freakin'-dicted to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It appears that the game does not allow using field warden twice (for different actions) on the same Round. I used it to take vegetable and was going to use it again to plow/saw it but the game won't let me (

Update: woops, that was because of chamberlain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.