Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some minor wording suggestions I think might be useful:

Cards:

Pirates:
Needs to specify how the pirates are distributed if they lose. "If not, each player recruits a random pirat."

The Albatross:
"All players must discard one of their lowest strength sailor."

A squeeze of hand / The candles:
"...redistribute evenly starting with the active player." Or similar. This makes sure the active player gets most sailors/oil.

Rules:

Chapter section:
Add: "The player who drew the chapter card receives Ahab."
I know this is mentioned in the Ahab section but I think it should also be mentioned here (like it is mentioned in the Moby Dick section).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Post Productions
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hi Lines, I responded via Kickstarter message as well, but I'll post the response here if anyone else was curious!

"Thanks for all of these notes, and for your eagle-eye!
The game is currently in pre-production with our manufacturer, but we will definitely add some answers in our FAQ if issues around these cards pop up.

- For the Pirates card, if you successfully fend off the pirate attack, each player adds a "pirate" Sailor card into their crew. The player who drew the "Pirates" Sea card has the first pick of those sailors, followed by the person to their left.

- For A Squeeze of the Hand and The Candles, we leave it at the discretion of the players to how they divide up the remaining sailors/oil, if there is any. We included several instances in the game that try to encourage player discussion and debate, this being one of them. Maybe the player who had the worst luck up to that point receives an extra sailor from The Candles?

- And for the Chapters/Ahab issue, we're including some reminders and instructions for basic rules in our printed game (and they're the cards marked "The Gam" "The Sea" and "The Hunt" in the PnP). On the "Sea" info card, we have a note about adding Ahab to your crew when you draw a Chapter card, so we hope that will help remind players.

Thanks again for your thoughts, concerns, and questions! Never hesitate to ask."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.