Hide
8 Posts

Duel of Ages II» Forums » General

Subject: DoAII - Character Icons (for custom toons) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Waste MaLife
msg tools
I'm playing about making some toons for out next game .. and I was just wondering is there a list of all the attributes that appear on witch age adventure cards? Or are they all mixed up?

Like you know next to the name there is a few icons that if match the adventure key you get bonuses?

Like for example?

Anyway, are these randomly distributed.. or are only certain ones used on cards for certain ages? Like if I make a ancient character.. are there some that I shouldm't use as they never appear on ancient adventure cards?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're definitely not random! Each of those circles represents the Age, Setting, Circle, and Nature of each character.

For example the one you posted is the Commoner Circle which represents average folks. Some of the other Circles are Villains, Leaders, Outcasts, Warriors, etc. with each chosen to best represent the social class of the character it's assigned to.

You can find all the images and what each symbolizes on page 5 of the Basic rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Ross
United States
Charlotte
NC
flag msg tools
badge
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante, love that avatar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waste MaLife
msg tools
yeah thanks you .. but I was wondering if the ages exclude any of the icons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Albatros28215 wrote:
Dante, love that avatar!

Glad you like it Al.

WasteMaLife wrote:
yeah thanks you .. but I was wondering if the ages exclude any of the icons.

If you specifically mean Circles (which the one you selected is from) then no. No age excludes any of the Social Class Circles. There can be an individual from any social class in any age.

Now if you're talking about icons other than the Circles, then yes there are exclusions. Each of the three setting icons that match the same color as the age are exclusive to that age.

Also in the Nature icons, there aren't likely to be many Machine classed characters in the Ancient/Epic Heroes Setting.

Again, just review what they all mean on page 5 of the manual and it should be pretty obvious which ones would be appropriate for any given character, and of course if you're undecided you can just post information about the character here in the forums and I'm sure you'll get lots of advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waste MaLife
msg tools
Thanks for your help Dante... what about specific items? The game is in fact owned by my mate so I can not look yup the cards.. is there precedence for a character coming not with a random card but an named item? If so can you name a character like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WasteMaLife wrote:
Thanks for your help Dante... what about specific items? The game is in fact owned by my mate so I can not look yup the cards.. is there precedence for a character coming not with a random card but an named item? If so can you name a character like that?

I don't know of any character that comes with a specific card, and I wouldn't recommend doing that either. Getting the the exact card that a character most needs into their hands is a major part of the game.

Annie Oakley having fend of a wolf with a wrench while racing across the arena to get her rifle is what gives DoA it's unique flavor.

You can look up everything you could possibly need at DuelofAges.com including the rule books, stats and special abilities of every character released to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WasteMaLife wrote:

There is some character abilities that simulate that but they are expensive . For Example Zane Starblazer gets to basically "choose" which specialized item he starts with (they are listed on his card), but it is a 65 point power. Likewise the Headless Horseman starts at speed 7 (with the expectation that he is riding his horse) while he has the limitation that he can't use any mounts.

So there are certainly character abilities to simulate that, but as Dante said there is none that actually start with an equipment card of a specific type. If there is a requirement for something like that it is just represented via a custom ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.