United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mysterious Matters of Max Metters / Moonifest Destiny
badge
Island of the Moths
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi--I just "acquired" Venture (sophisticated pun there ) and have been digesting the rules... In general it seems clear to me but I'm confused about the rules regarding Capital card draws.

The 3m rules posted here (which are exactly the same as my AH rules in this regard):

At the end of each turn, even if player chooses to skip a round of transactions and discard, he draws two Capital cards from drawing deck

The grammar is truncated, but still seems clear--every player draws 2 Capital cards at the end of his/her turn no matter what.

However, the third to last paragraph of the rules gives this advice:

During the final Reorganization plays, it is wise to collect extra Capital and Proxy Fight cards through discarding.

Hunh? Did I miss something somewhere in the rules? There's no wisdom to the strategy if collecting Capital cards is automatic in every way? Did I (or the printed rules) miss a rule that gives an option that relates optional discarding with extra Capital draws?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coffeebike wrote:
During the final Reorganization plays, it is wise to collect extra Capital and Proxy Fight cards through discarding.

Hunh? Did I miss something somewhere in the rules? There's no wisdom to the strategy if collecting Capital cards is automatic in every way? Did I (or the printed rules) miss a rule that gives an option that relates optional discarding with extra Capital draws?

The advice is don't spend a lot of cards and increase your buying power by discarding a card instead of spending (likely more than 1) cards.

You didn't miss anything in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.