Subject: 2 hopes for this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - I hope there is a sense of autonomy in this game. Having your hand revealed and free trading makes Castle Panic suffer from alpha player syndrome big time

2 - Castle Panic, even with the expansion, is VERY easy. Hopefully this game is more difficult
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chapman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played the prototype a few times . . .

1) Yes. I got thrown under the bus by my wife at least twice.

2) Yes. And losing is fun . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
Two answers I am glad to hear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hillman
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I notice that instead of tokens to generate the chaps in the wave at the end of the turn, there's an event deck that each player draws instead - I'm hoping against hope that that makes a bit of difference, because I really really wanted to like castle panic, but couldn't quite get there. I guess having to ensure your own survival could balance the horrible alpha player trading a bit too, which would be ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bylsma
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Test
I got a chance to play this a couple of times yesterday. The event deck really mixes things up, as there are cards that can do all sorts of nasty things in addition to spawning more zombies (running out of bullets, clubs breaking, etc).

You get less overall cards to use as well, and you can only draw them while In the cabin, which you might not be for long depending on how things go. You can easily find yourself surrounded with zombies, with nothing but your fists to protect yourself.

It also helps that the zombies never stop coming. The bag's empty? Take the ones you killed and start again!

I think alpha player can be a thing, but if you as a player die, you get to play as a zombie with special powers. So if you get an alpha player, you can die and come back as a zombie to take revenge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.