Arkham horror

Games I have and loved in the past

Talisman(with expansions)
Axis & Allies
Settlers of catan

What am I looking for?

Something with a high replay-ability
With either co-op or against each-other
Would be cool if there was one where you secretly worked against everyone else.

Anyways I left a list of games I was highly interested in please let me know what you think or if you have another suggestion?

You know what else would be a cool game? Something like phantom cops and robbers. Where there was a criminal amongst you secretly working against everyone setting up bombs in a town or robbing stores and none of you knew who it was? ha ha?

Thank You!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viking Chevalier
Malta
flag msg tools
In Shadows Over Camelot there is a possibility of a traitor who is working against everyone else. It is a co-op game (except if you're the traitor, of course!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunaloiroc wrote:

You know what else would be a cool game? Something like phantom cops and robbers. Where there was a criminal amongst you secretly working against everyone setting up bombs in a town or robbing stores and none of you knew who it was? ha ha?

There's a game called Police Precinct, which is a cooperative police game where you try and solve a murder while taking care of other crimes, like gangs, car crashes, bar fights, etc. Optionally there is a crooked cop traitor option, who makes the calls worse, makes investigations worse. Might be worth looking into for you.

Or Shadows over Camelot, if you like the fantasy theme. All knights of the round table trying to complete the famous quests like finding the grail, with one or two maybe working for morgan lefay.
Both great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrill Lampart
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Shadows over Camelot is a great recommendation I believe everyone mentioned so far.

Games you should also take a look at are:

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game
Archipelago
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Cosmic Encounter

All of those games have the players work together but with the twist of either hidden traitors or special victory conditions with a twist. With the exception of Cosmic Encounter which is just outright fun and chaos with constant change of alliances...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Saboteur has this hidden saboteur thing. It's a rather light game, though.

apart from that, Imperial 2030 is a game you should have a look at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunaloiroc wrote:
Hey,

I am looking at

Robinson crusoe: Adventure on curse island
Lords of waterdeep
Pandemic
Arkham horror

Games I have and loved in the past

Talisman(with expansions)
Axis & Allies
Settlers of catan

What am I looking for?

Anyways I left a list of games I was highly interested in please let me know what you think or if you have another suggestion?

Thank You!

Robinson Crusoe is between printings right now so it is expensive I also want that one but am waiting on it. I don't own Pandemic but I have played it and it is fun, brutal but fun. Finally I own both Lords of Waterdeep and Arkham Horror, both are great. I really love Arkham Horror. Other games I own and love include Belfort, The Castles of Burgundy and Keyflower.

Other recommendations, well it looks like others have already mentioned games of the type you are looking for. Welcome and good luck!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XSylarX wrote:
Also Shadows over Camelot is a great recommendation I believe everyone mentioned so far.

Games you should also take a look at are:

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game
Archipelago
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Cosmic Encounter

All of those games have the players work together but with the twist of either hidden traitors or special victory conditions with a twist. With the exception of Cosmic Encounter which is just outright fun and chaos with constant change of alliances...

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems like Shadows over Camelot may be one of the best possible recs for you.

Other great games with similar one (or few) vs. all:
Pandemic with On the Brink expansion
The Resistance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a list of the must-have games for first-time gamers:

Pandemic- Cooperative
Dominion- Deckbuilding
King of Tokyo- Light Player vs Player
Lords of Waterdeep- Worker Placement
The Resistance- Traitor role/Player interaction

With these 5 games, you have a broad array of games that will appeal to virtually everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunaloiroc wrote:
Hey,

What am I looking for?

Thank You!

For some reason I keep thinking about Scotland Yard. Police chasing a bad guy through a map of London. The bad guy can use different modes of transport to avoid the police. Been a long time since I played it but I thought it was fun.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/438/scotland-yard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.