El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4263

So, does registering to Worlds get you into any of the tournaments? Or do you need to register to A:NR separately?

Also, what is the "last chance" tournament...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Gamble
msg tools
Not sure if it is the same but a lot of Poker festivals have a "Last Chance " tournament.

Usually the main event of a festival is towards the end and has the most entrants. However a lot of those entrants will get knocked out while the main event is still playing out. So they offer a "Last chance" tournament for those players who traveled there and planned to be there for the whole time. This gives them something to do instead of just twiddling their thumbs.

So I would imagine it would be another smaller tournament for those who didn't make the cut for the knockout rounds. They can also just be viewed as the last tournament after all the others have finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4263

So, does registering to Worlds get you into any of the tournaments? Or do you need to register to A:NR separately?

Also, what is the "last chance" tournament...?

Registering for Worlds will let you play in any/all of the tournaments you wish. Scheduling might be an issue, though, as I'm sure some of the tournaments run concurrently with each other. If it's like last year, some time after you register, you'll be emailed a survey with asking which events you prefer to participate in. I think you don't actually finalize your decisions until the events start, though.

I don't know what the "last chance" tourney is; they didn't have one last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denny Early
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The answer to these questions may be pure speculation considering the explosive growth of FFG's games this past year, but what kind of turn out should we be expecting? How important is it to register ASAP? Do we think they'll run out of spots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine turnout will be large. I don't know if they'll sell out, but it's certainly a possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused because I just registered but it doesn't say how I'm supposed to obtain the ticket.

Do I just show up and my name is registered?

Do I print out the ticket? (there wasn't an option)

Is the ticket going to be mailed? (they didn't charge any shipping costs)

Hmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Schaener
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email after purchasing that confirms that it is being shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EndTheRun wrote:
I'm confused because I just registered but it doesn't say how I'm supposed to obtain the ticket.

Do I just show up and my name is registered?

Do I print out the ticket? (there wasn't an option)

Is the ticket going to be mailed? (they didn't charge any shipping costs)

Hmmm

You will show up and your name will be on the list (unless they are doing things differently than last year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There is no ticket. Print out your receipt and take it with you, in case they leave your name off the list by accident.

2. They will send a survey, asking which events you would like to participate in.

3. I believe they are called Last Chance because it is your last chance to play in an event before the official events end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! that information was really helpful

I was getting worried about how I was supposed to get my ticket. They really should have some instructions when you purchase it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.