Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Germany controls Leningrad, Stalingrad, and Moscow on the Russian Turn 8 victory phase, and each can trace a supply path, Germany wins if I read the rules correctly. If Leningrad can only draw supply by sea, however, does that qualify as a supply path? Or can the Germans supply Leningrad through Finland?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
If Germany controls Leningrad, Stalingrad, and Moscow on the Russian Turn 8 victory phase, and each can trace a supply path, Germany wins if I read the rules correctly. If Leningrad can only draw supply by sea, however, does that qualify as a supply path? Or can the Germans supply Leningrad through Finland?

The rule says:

[12.1] Objectives Victory
Axis Objectives Victory: During any Victory Phase, when
they have the Initiative (12.9), the Axis win if they control
(12.7.1) and can trace supply (6.0) to three of the five gray
German Objective hexes (e.g., Moscow). When they lose
the Initiative (starting on turn 12), they need to control four
German Objective hexes instead.

You CANNOT TRACE supply to Leningrad, only the city itself is in (coastal) alternate supply. So it is considered isolated for that victory condition and the city cannot be counted.

You cannot trace supply through Finland either: only Finns can use it for supply.

The Germans do not win! You need to be able to trace supply to Leningrad (as stated in the rules) and the only way the city can be sued to tace supply is by using overland supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well as the German player I have to say, I am glad to hear that! I was hoping we'd play the game deep into the war, and now we will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.