United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
ChikenNipplz wrote:
OK so I just got a new game and the stickers are coming off. Not sure is bad stickers or all the humidity in my state. So I was wondering what were my options. I was firt thinking super glue them back on, then I idn;t want to peel them all off and possibly risk ripping the sticker and also I was worried about bubbling on sticker and corrosion of the sticker. What about take nail polish and just putting it on the edges of the sticker so it sticks on the wood on the edges.

When I have had this problem, I have had reasonably good luck by storing the pieces very tightly packed together. (Basically, applying pressure to the stickers which are trying to come off.)

Just find a plastic container (a lot of people use the Plano ones, but I prefer the curved-bottom ones from Hobby Lobby) and pack the pieces into the bins tightly. Arrange them in such a way that the stickers are being pushed back on.

Worked really well for me. The game where I was seeing this extensively was Vasco da Gama... those stickers really weren't sticking well for me.

Alternatively, you could lay all the pieces out and place some stacks of heavy books (or other weight) onto them to try to accomplish the same thing.

Hope you have luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
ChikenNipplz wrote:
that is too funny, mine is for Vasco da Gama also.

Hilarious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a clear coat of paint works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Skogberg
Canada
Weyburn
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Get some mod podge . You can get it at Walmart, target or a craft store and just apply a thin coat over the sticker and it will dry and keep sticker attached . And dry clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Humidity can be a killer for a lot of glues used for paper on wood applications(This may have been an issue during transport, not necessarily your area).

DO NOT USE SUPER GLUE! You want to look at a craft/woodwork glue to fix. Eventually if it's humidity related or the glue has lost its stick, a miniatures varnish over the top will keep everything in place for the rest of your life.

Depending on the peal, you'll often be better off trying to remove the piece, applying a very thin layer of craft glue, placing the paper back on, applying pressure over night and then giving a small spray vanish coat.

If it's only minor peal, just go straight to the varnish. (It doesn't have to be a spray vanish, but if you have lots of pieces it's the quickest way to go.....Just be careful that you don't stick them to the surface you spay them on).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.