Subject: Irregular game of DT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the next game surprisingly Jeff chose Dungeon Twister. I know it’s not his favourite but I think this is one of those games you play every quarter when you want something heavier. That being the case I'm probably not so keen on getting all the expansions but since I love this game I don't know what I'll do. But I still enjoy this game. I think however that I will be stricter on the time per turn, even though I thoroughly enjoyed the game it took nearly 2 hours. There are probably other games I'd rather be playing for two hours than this. Again G hadn't played this before and I’m only saying this to be kind. He bombed until the end game. That being said I think he enjoyed the game. He really enjoyed rotating the rooms and spent a lot of time and action points planning and actively rotating rooms to block off his team and then rotate again to try and get them out. Jeff and I got dizzy but we were unsure whether it was from the rotating or the laughing. Victory points were hard to come by. I got the first by taking my troll across G's line and I would have had 2 more if I played 5 actions instead of 4 and smoked 2 of G's wounded characters with the fireball. This tactical error opened the door for Jeff who came storming in. He controlled the left side of my line and the centre right. I think at one point I had two figures standing while Jeff cut a swathe through my characters. G was still rotating rooms in front of his line.

Jeff controlled a tactical spot in front of my goals which limited G's movements and stopped him from gaining VPs but it was his undoing. If he had just crossed the line he would have had the VP he needed to win the game. Towards the end of the game Jeff I had 3 VPs and G and I had 2 VPs each. I move my wall walker towards the remaining unrevealed tile near Jeff’s line that had three of my pieces on it. G had an opportunity to attack me and would have beaten me as I was down to my zero combat card and he should have as it was clear in Jeff’s eyes I was up to no good. After revealing the room containing my Goblin, treasure and vitality potion, Jeff new exactly what to do. He smoked my Wall walker that was sitting on the potion and treasure with a fireball and went to 4 VPs, but because he did not move his troll in previous turns or this turn to get an easy VP he stayed at four. Basically Totti the Troll was forgotten. I had my 5 action card to play and I got my goblin to the treasure and by using my last two jump cards crossed Jeff’s line for 3VPs and the victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.