Subject: Perchance To Dream: Deck-construct app for tablets. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the biggest problems I have when teaching new players the COIN system is the cards. Not the mechanical action of the symbols or events, but the physical passing of them around the table so everyone can see what their options are, who's eligible, and what the next card is so they can decide whether to pass etc..

Which got me thinking, could some backroom-boffin make a simple app for tablet devices which would automatically construct a deck ready for play then display the active and upcoming card side by side on the screen? The tablet could then be propped up at one end of the board for easy reading, and cards flipped with the swish of the finger.

How difficult would such a thing be?

Would anyone pay, say; $1 for such a thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, use a laptop, fire up the Vassal mod and enlarge the screen to focus on the board's card area? With Win8, even the finger swooshing might work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.