Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Feast or famine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So on Monday morning, I received a shipment of goods (decorative moulding & trim) from my supplier and I called up the customers to come on by and pick stuff up.
I had sales of just a couple dollars short of $21,000 that day.

Today, sales so far (2 1/2 hours left) are $30.37 and the phone has rung once since 8:00 am.

As Bono of U2 has sang, "Some days- are better than others".
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
So you're saying you have enough cash to buy everyone in ChitChat a nice gift?
That is very generous of you!
13 
 Thumb up
0.65
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chony McChuukface
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And apparently enough time on some days to come play it with us.
10 
 Thumb up
0.65
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
So you're saying you have enough cash to buy everyone in ChitChat a nice gift?
That is very generous of you!

No, that is the sales amount.
By the time I pay for the goods, pay the taxes, and put a stamp on the envelope to mail the invoice to the customer, my profit is $3.25 whistle
Gotta love the life of an entrepreneur!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
So you're saying you have enough cash to buy everyone in ChitChat a nice gift? That is very generous of you!
No ... my profit is $3.25 ...

Ok, so they will be very small gifts! But just remember, it's the thought that counts...

7 
 Thumb up
0.65
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kswingruber wrote:
Ok, so they will be very small gifts! But just remember, it's the thought that counts...


Here's 0.65 each-- go to the BGG Store and see if they have any gum for sale there.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
So on Monday morning, I received a shipment of goods (decorative moulding & trim) from my supplier and I called up the customers to come on by and pick stuff up.
I had sales of just a couple dollars short of $21,000 that day.

Today, sales so far (2 1/2 hours left) are $30.37 and the phone has rung once since 8:00 am.

As Bono of U2 has sang, "Some days- are better than others".


Funny: I spend my days making decorative moulding and trim. Well, actually architectural moulding and trim, but hey - who's splitting hairs?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
Go Lizards, Go Hogs, Go Illini; and the Army keeps rolling along!
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reminded of the old saw where an entrepreneur was losing $.04 per unit, but said "Yeah; but I'm gonna make it up on volume."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
As Bono of U2 has sang, "Some days- are better than others".


Great song.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't sell a damn thing today.

Oh, I'm retired. Never mind
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'll choose feast!

...oh, sorry - thought you were letting us pick one, there...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.