Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lyerly
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of Twenty Sided...but that's in Williamsburg. Has anyone been to Brooklyn Strategist?
333 Court St, Brooklyn, NY 11231

Wondering what their board game nights were like. Any other gaming events or meet ups in Brooklyn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diggityjones wrote:
I know of Twenty Sided...but that's in Williamsburg. Has anyone been to Brooklyn Strategist?
333 Court St, Brooklyn, NY 11231

Wondering what their board game nights were like. Any other gaming events or meet ups in Brooklyn?

There's a weekly meetup at King's Games in Sheepshead Bay. Not sure how big it is these days. For the most part, even though I live in Brooklyn, I game in Manhattan. Bigger gatherings; more options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lyerly
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on. Thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to check out King Games. I'm new to BGG. Are there any other places on here I should be checking as a NY /BK gamer? Thanks in advance...again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meetup.com had a very active Board and Cardgaming presence in NYC. It's been 4 years since I was a regular (in completely unrelated news, my daughter just turned 4), but I'd be surprised if they're not still going strong.

Met many of my favorite BGGers through those Meetups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lyerly
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be sure to check that out. Thanks for the recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The NYEEK Group that hosts the huge Monday & Tuesday Nights at Amity Hall in the city is now doing all day Sunday once a month in Brooklyn. Next one is August 4th.

Lot of NYU students in attendance at the Amity Hall nights along with a broad range of ages and types besides playing a wide variety of games. Everything from card faves like Citadels, Resistance, Bang and Dominion to meatier Euros and Ameritrash new and old. (Risk:Legacy, Catan, T'zolkin, Khemet, Chinatown, Puerto Rico, Power Grid on our last visit)

Lively fun welcoming group my wife and I can heartily recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
NYEEK is great. I second the recommendation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lyerly
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heading to sign up now to be a part of the updates. I'll be there for sure on the 4th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Mercado
msg tools
I have been to the strategist many times, but have never been to a meet up there. They have a ton of really cool games and the staff is nice. Nights when I'm there many people are playing magic or d and d. It's a really cool play to hang out and try new games plus its byob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lyerly
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BYOB? You can bring in beer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Mercado
msg tools
Yeah, they sell food and drinks, but if you want beer your have to bring it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.