Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Osborne
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else find it a little strange that none of the Spin Cycle data packs that have been announced have had their status on the FFG website changed from In Development? Is this perhaps indicative of a delay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm guessing the first three packs aren't going to be out by the end of Q3 (which is...September?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah. It'll be fine, we have C&C to play with for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Nah. It'll be fine, we have C&C to play with for now.

I was hoping we might see Opening Moves at Gencon but that is looking unlikely.
I hope we see it before Worlds as if we have the same Meta for Gencon and Worlds than things will be a little boring by than.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A month break after the cycle & another month after the deluxe expansion, I actually hope this is a recurring thing.

Allows us to fully dive into the complete cycle. I like the direction this game is heading, and FFG is doing the game right so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cardsbydizzle wrote:
A month break after the cycle & another month after the deluxe expansion, I actually hope this is a recurring thing.

Allows us to fully dive into the complete cycle. I like the direction this game is heading, and FFG is doing the game right so far.

I dunno, the break before C&C was too long for my tastes.

GIVE ME MOAR CARDS ALWAYS FOREVER.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
cardsbydizzle wrote:

I dunno, the break before C&C was too long for my tastes.

GIVE ME MOAR CARDS ALWAYS FOREVER.

haha yea, it felt like forever. I think its more to do with that this is the first deluxe expansion, and the low card pool so far.

If there is a break before the next deluxe expansion, it should be WAY more tolerable.

Plus, getting these awesome cards spoiled months in advance didn't help (or did, depending on your level of addiction).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Roberts
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it is strange. I predict that Opening Moves will not be at Gencon. It will be release in late September and pack #2 & #3 will be pushed to 4th quarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobin Lopes
United States
Thornton
Dark Side of the Moon
flag msg tools
Serving the Emperor since 1971
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening moves went to printer as of today, July 24. So end of August or early Sept. in stores.

-tpl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how that would even be possible. Printer takes what, a month-ish? "On the boat" for 7-10 weeks, then ship to stores.

Unless they are rushing it out or their estimates are way off, I don't see how Opening Moves could come out by the end of August, possibly not even in September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
I'm not sure how that would even be possible. Printer takes what, a month-ish? "On the boat" for 7-10 weeks, then ship to stores.

Unless they are rushing it out or their estimates are way off, I don't see how Opening Moves could come out by the end of August, possibly not even in September.

If they REALLY push it they might make a small release at Gencon.
Like maybe 200 or copies they fly in for it, for sale only to people in the tournament and legal in said tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobin Lopes
United States
Thornton
Dark Side of the Moon
flag msg tools
Serving the Emperor since 1971
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:

Yeah, I have NO idea what the printer timeline is...that's why, in my crosspost to the OM forums put the date in so that we(I) could have that data point moving forward.

But you're right, unless it's 2 weeks or less Early Sept is very hopeful.

-tpl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
LordNat wrote:
MavericK96 wrote:

If they REALLY push it they might make a small release at Gencon.
Like maybe 200 or copies they fly in for it, for sale only to people in the tournament and legal in said tournament.

As somebody playing in this tournament, this would annoy me more than just about anything else they could do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished Genesis and C&C is right behind the corner. Lets take a breath, plz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shkar wrote:
Just finished Genesis and C&C is right behind the corner. Lets take a breath, plz.

...nah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter McCormick
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Shkar wrote:

...nah.

My sentiments exactly. I like the one pack a month, non-stop rotation. All of the players who need the constant flow of new cards can buy them as they come ... whereas people like me who like to wait 3-4 months between purchases can just grab 3-4 data packs all at once.

The way I've bought my cards so far is:

2x Base + Pack 1
Packs 2-4
Packs 5-6 + C&C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedraum
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp

Just updated on FFG's website today. Opening Moves expected by September.

Looks like we can expect that month break before & after a deluxe expansion, unless this is a 1 time thing to match the deluxe with GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I crazy or does coolstuffinc have preorders for Spin Cycle packs 2 and 3 but *not* for pack 1 Opening Moves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cardsbydizzle wrote:

Looks like we can expect that month break before & after a deluxe expansion, unless this is a 1 time thing to match the deluxe with GenCon.

Yeah, that's what I expected. Would have been nice to see the first pack at the end of August, but what can ya do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cardsbydizzle wrote:

So I guess following that timing we will have all three of the spoiled packs in time for Worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.