Subject: First time play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick showed up and we kicked off the game at 9pm.   We were a bit rusty with the rules but with this game under our belt I think we will move faster next time.   Let me just say that I did not see such a relaxed happy group of players, in between Rich's truck sounds, Nick's relaxed negotiation tactics (let me just say if Nick got anything from his recent self improvement course it was a new relaxed open form of negotiation that suckered me and G in which put him in good stead for the rest of the game-what's that about Greek's bearing gifts) and G's concentration you'd think we were meditating with game pieces.

This game is about the prohibition era, you are a mobster trying to produce moonshine and control the demand of your product.   Al decided she would rather get the real experience and watch Sopranos.   Let me just say having italo Chicago accents and gunshots in the background really made for a wonderful atmosphere while playing this game.   But I had to tell Rich and G to shut up as it was affecting my concentration.

The great thing about this game is that it is OK to double cross-I mean we're mobsters right-let me just say that we were the woosiest bunch of mobsters-there was not one double cross, very very little threatening and a sort of a Kumbayah feel to mob violence.  

WE NEED JEFF!!

So even after not reading the rules I sent him, Nick got this game straight away.   This was his grail-a game made for Nick-an accountant's wet dream.   We played a shortened game of 8 rounds and I do think Nick was in front in every round.   I may have stolen the game in the end but G played a card that rendered the speakeasy I had with majority influence and my 10 crates of whiskey that would have sold for 3G each absolutely bloody useless.   That's right everyone, G could have made me the head Mobster but he chose Nick his arch enemy-Imagine Superman telling Lex Luthor to come in and spend time in his pad while Lois cooks in a French maid outfit and Superman goes off to fight crime

When do you leave G?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.