Subject: Chapter 1: How many playable mice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Evans
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
We have four players, but there are more mice mentioned in the story. Does that mean we should have been playing with all the mice mentioned in the story with a communal mouse role/character or only four?

For instance Rez narrates a little bit in a chapter snippet - but we might as a group not have chosen him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 mice, and they should all be present. If there are Less players, one or more players will have to use more mice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 4 mice. Sometimes the story moments are going to contain comments from mice that aren't in your party. So if Nez says something in a story moment but you don't have Nez as one of your mice, it's no big deal, just different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Evans
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alky Yance
msg tools
mbmbmb
This doesn't answer the question directly, but it's just a suggestion on houseruling - I've seen threads here that suggest to allow for all 5 mice to be played in Chapter 1, one is to just increase the small minions spawned per Encounter and via the special tile Encounters by one if possible. I don't think that breaks the game, and if it further improves the gameplay, why not?

We've tried playing Chapter 1 and 2 with all 5 mice and no modifications to the Encounters, and I have to admit it became very easy, but it made more sense storywise (why would one mouse sit it out, they're all coming from the same area and have the same destination) so I'm open to doing that in our home games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.