United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for backing VivaJava Dice! What an excellent campaign!

Also, welcome to the post-VivaJava wasteland that is the Kickstarter website currently; truly a dystopia. And I want to thank you again for making the world a less Orwellian place in 2014, when all nations across the globe can finally join hands together in caffeinated celebration. The game will be fine-tuned and excellent because of your love, money, and inspiration.

Just letting everyone know that while I do not plan to release the PnP files for the solo variant of VivaJava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game, I appreciate all the feedback so far. And let me assure you that this decision is in no way made due to pressures from major coffee corporations or board game publishers. I love all publishers and support conglomerated coffee franchises by purchasing my morning coffee at said wonderful establishments!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hey, everybody, this is TC. Keep it on the DL, but I'm posting the SOLO PnP files for VivaJava Dice (away from the ever-vigilant eyes of "big coffee").
Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jztgljsmwusogyv/solorulesPnPbeta.p...
Viva la Resistance Caffe! Enjoy, question, comment, and let me know below what you think.

Again, thanks so much for the support and understanding. You are like the delicious, coffee-flavored goo that brews a perfect cup every time, and makes designing and producing games about coffee possible.

Don't forget to purchase a can or bottle of delicious pre-made coffee drink to celebrate this occasion. I like to add a little extra refined sugar as well. Because branded coffee is wonderful and consumer loyalty is unquestioningly fantastic!

Your Pal,
TC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing the solo rules, TC! I was able to beat both corps after a quick run, but only at the easy level. Each corp reached 19 and 20 pts, only one turn away from beating me!

The Coffee corporations are relentless! They are governed by simple rules with very little upkeep, gradually increasing in difficulty as the game progresses... I wish all game designers included AI robots this elegant in their games! This is coming from a gamer that really appreciates solo variants in his games...

(Too bad I missed the KS deadline)

Is it possible to modify the solo coaster with other abilities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these. I'll give these a print and try them out. While I don't see me using these too often, I appreciate the chance to play against the corps and try to beat the big guys. (Besides, there are times that my family just doesn't want to play - go figure.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
Thanks for sharing the solo rules, TC! I was able to beat both corps after a quick run, but only at the easy level. Each corp reached 19 and 20 pts, only one turn away from beating me!

The Coffee corporations are relentless! They are governed by simple rules with very little upkeep, gradually increasing in difficulty as the game progresses... I wish all game designers included AI robots this elegant in their games!

Thanks! That's pretty good, considering Saccar always rolls a Rainbow first turn with me and ruins everything.

But I blame help from:
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Neuschwander
United States
Hummelstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I got to play producer/developer from various ideas they threw at me. Jim had a good system so I made it harder. Ryan kept adding more and more ideas for possible Corps, so I created Saccar for some more. Glad you appreciate the stripped down AI.
juanma99 wrote:

Yes. Want to play on BEGINNER MODE? Place the Rainbow Boost Disc over Flavor Shot. I haven't messed with every ability, and obviously some aren't perfectly suited for SOLO play, but you can customize the coaster for a different challenge. The standard coaster just gives a nice and balanced chance at maybe winning.

(Also, at some point, I hope to add a "scoring" system with achievements/alternate set-ups for some extra longevity.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Griep
United States
North Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TC, I just wanted to be sure about the Sacchar Inc. ability of gaining flavor dice. Are these gained dice accumulated by the corporation from turn to turn, or are they returned to the flavor coaster after each turn? The text says that Sacchar "roll[s] five Coffee Dice and any Flavor Dice gained", which is what leads to my confusion.

Also, I wanted to check how OmniBlend TransGlobal handles rolling an Americano (full house) with re-rolls remaining. My intuition is that OT breaks up the Americano, taking the pair and re-rolling it attempting to get a 4-of-a-kind or better, but since the entire roll is a ranking set, I wanted to be sure that OT doesn't stop there.

In either case, I'd hate to bring down the highly-caffeinated weight of these corporate titans down upon me for having played their actions incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't see this one pop up until now, sorry Marcus! I'll clear up those two.

1. Sacchar returns any unused Flavor Dice back to the Flavor coaster at the end of it's Roll. It receives flavor dice at the start of its turn equal to the Meter. (I'm guessing you played this way, but hopefully this confirms it)

2. And there is no Americano in VivaJava Dice. 2,3,4,5 of a kind only.

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.