Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Zombicide events at Gencon 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
un szene
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I thought I'd pop in over here to let everyone know about my zombicide events at Gencon 2013. I'm very excited to bring you my custom scenario- Black ops:Zombicide- Con of the Dead!!! A scenario based on the popular Call of Duty:Zombies. Turn on the power, get to the Mystery Box, and grab yourselves some Wonder Weapons! I've been working hard making new custom game pieces, making a special search deck, and playtesting this scenario. There are time slots available each day of the convention, including Wednesday. To find the events, just search the game system ZOMBICIDE. At the time of this posting, they are the only zombicide events with tickets available. I hope to see some of you there!

Here is a sample of what you can expect:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome, wish I could say I was going to Gencon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
un szene
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
RiderPestilence wrote:
Sounds awesome, wish I could say I was going to Gencon!

I'm a HUGE fan of both Zombicide and Black Ops:Zombies. When I left Gencon last year with my copy of Zombicide, I knew I'd have to do a custom scenario for this year. My comrades and I have had a blast with the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should consider submitting it to Guillotine Games to enter their Kyoko contest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
un szene
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
SammySnijbonen wrote:
You should consider submitting it to Guillotine Games to enter their Kyoko contest.

I would, but there are lots of custom bits and cards that go along with the scenario. It's like my own mini-expansion. I make 1 inch metal pin back buttons as a small business, and I'm able to make game tokens with those materials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance King
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey,
I just popped over from the CMON forum page. Nice work.

Are you going to run this anywhere else? I live in the Cleveland area and would make a (reasonable) drive to play such a scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C
United States
Sherwood
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet if i can fit it in my schedule i will be there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
un szene
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
skyking20 wrote:
Hey,
I just popped over from the CMON forum page. Nice work.

Are you going to run this anywhere else? I live in the Cleveland area and would make a (reasonable) drive to play such a scenario.

No plans on running it elsewhere, sorry. I may be able to make the components available for trade, however. I'll post a list of the components this weekend. Thanks for your interest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
un szene
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I compiled the list of components for my little mini-expansion. It's enough for six players. All of the tokens are metal buttons like in the picture in the OP. I'll post more pics soon, along with some of the rules.

28 Perk tokens (7 each of 4 perks)
24 XP tokens
6 Monkey Bomb tokens
Double Points token
Deck of 25 Mystery box cards
7 mystery box pieces (6 represent locations where the box appears)
Rules sheet

I don't want to sell them, but I'd certainly entertain trade offers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did it go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willis
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played in this game at Gen Con. It was fun. We had a good mix of experience levels. I was probably the most experienced, a father and son also were experienced, my friend who had played the game a few times, and his wife who was a total newbie.

We got off to a rough start as we spawned TWO fatties in the first building we opened. We eventually turned on the power and had a pretty good killzone set up. I think a player with a chainsaw killed 12 zombies in one turn! The mystery box spawned too far away and we eventually got overrun. It was a fun time but I really wish we could have seen what was in the mystery box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.