Popular Tags: [View All]
Garyp
Australia
Berry
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just fishing for news here.

Enjoying the game and have already ordered the expansion.

Are there any plans for more expansions and in particular for modules for historical armies - it seems to me that the rules can model unit characteristics very well and you could use the rules for histoical armies such as Romans, Galations, Greeks, Persians, and Scythians which would all be quite different.

I guess the only limitation on the game is that as the number of units increases the number of unit card stacks also increases and you need quite a large area to lay these out to be able to reference them. Has anyone tried a game with more than 10 units per side.

The game definitely is upgradable to minis for the unit counters and there are already many minis available so I am not hanging out for this from the designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hello,

We are currently finalizing the second expansion. It should be available in around 3 months. Then we plan to release a new stand alone with 2 new armies... but sorry I cannot really tell more at this time.

In future we may release non Greek armies.

One of the reason the armies are limited to 10 units is because of space issues.

Benoit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Hello,

We are currently finalizing the second expansion. It should be available in around 3 months. Then we plan to release a new stand alone with 2 new armies... but sorry I cannot really tell more at this time.

In future we may release non Greek armies.

One of the reason the armies are limited to 10 units is because of space issues.

Benoit

I would really like to see new armies.

As far as more units--certainly with larger boards (2x3, 3x4, etc) you could play with more units. Certainly easy to try if one wants a longer game.

Really happy the expansion has arrived.

KAM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A.
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Hello,

Benoit

Just curious Benoit; is this still planned? I'm not asking for any details, just wondering if this is still planned as the second expansion has been released, and the post was a little old.
If so, I for one will be a very happy camper

EDIT: Having had to contact the company regarding a card replacement question, I was able to ask this question to Benoit. For those wondering (like I was), Mythic Battles is not dead as there are new things still coming No details of course, but great news to hear that there are plans for more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. More MB is certainly a good thing..... for the 13 of us on this planet that play it.

The support for this game absolutely stinks. How anyone associated with this game doesn't subscribe and reply to these forums is beyond me. Benoit replies a couple times a year, but thats about it. I understand work schedules and whatnot, but others have no problem posting here often. Direct questions like yours should be answered immediately, as it really take minutes to do.

I ask folks about this game, and they only know of it because they have it shown to them by friends like myself. And when they play it, they love it. I bought my copy after being shown it, and the same happened with a guy I introduced it to. The confusing thing, is that these people are hardcore gamers. Faithful to BGG, follow many reviewers, gone to big Cons, and have done this for years on end,.... yet have never heard of this game.

I know this topic has been beaten to death before, but man alive I just can't understand the lack of promotion this game got. Send gift copies to store events. Send copies to all the reviewers, not just Tom and Marco... get the word out there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.