Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just spent a few minutes looking at my news aggregator and I was very pleased to see that Jesus H Obama has decided that the American economy is a problem and that he is single-handedly going to blame Congress for not fixing it and forcing him to cut his golf week-ends down from 375 scheduled to a mere 338 total golf outings.

I particularly like this new meme that the media will beat to death while simultaneously licking his arse - "reverse economic equality"

I love 'Merica... only in this country would we elect this moron. Twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I didn't vote for Obama but I enjoy that he normally makes complete sentences without nonsense words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Liumas wrote:
I didn't vote for Obama but I enjoy that he normally makes complete sentences without nonsense words.

So, in other words, you'd vote for him to be your English teacher?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

I love 'Merica... only in this country would we elect this moron. Twice.

im with you there. thank goodness we did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Liumas wrote:

Were you so concerned to know that most Bush supporters (probably yourself included, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) voted for him because he hunts, wears cowboy boots, and probably is more fun to drink a beer with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Liumas wrote:

Were you so concerned to know that most Bush supporters (probably yourself included, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) voted for him because he hunts, wears cowboy boots, and probably is more fun to drink a beer with?

Here in RSP us conservatives only mention Obama to see how contorted the RSP Liberal Mob will get in an effort to always, always, always, bring Bush up in any discussion of Obama. I compare it to gluing a quarter down on the sidewalk and watching as people make buffoons out of themselves trying to pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun in your RSP clique you silly boys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
b a n j o wrote:
How can anyone blame the 113th Congress? They've already passed 15 bills.

Yes. And anyone with half a brain knows that the lifeblood of the economy is passing new laws.

So please then, tell me how the Government is supposed to fix the economy?

Duh, by giving tax breaks to job creators. I mean, duh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
b a n j o wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
b a n j o wrote:

Yes. And anyone with half a brain knows that the lifeblood of the economy is passing new laws.

By keeping it's hands off it- if it hadn't been messing around with mortgages and interest rates in the first place we may well have avoided this whole mess.

Are you retarded? I mean, I've always known you were stupid, but this is a new level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
b a n j o wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
b a n j o wrote:

By keeping it's hands off it- if it hadn't been messing around with mortgages and interest rates in the first place we may well have avoided this whole mess.

Normally I'd disagree with you, but this is spot on. In 2001, right after 9/11, Greeenspan panicked over the combined hit of the Tech bubble bursting and the terror attack and dropped the prime rate to 0%, giving himself nowhere further to go to fix things. That created two problems. One: it started the real estate bubble, as suddenly an entire new group of people could afford mortgages. The new demand caused prices to jump, which prompted a whole new group of people to sell. Lather, rinse and repeat. Two: it hit the bank's income streams, as suddenly it wasn't enough to loan other banks money, etc. The whole risk/reward scheme for the banks was screwed. Instead of making 7% on a mortgage, it was now looking at 4%, so they took on greater and greater risks to bring in money. Then when they saw how bad some of their investments were, they started creating all of these deceptive instruments to foist that risk off on other people. The deregulation to allow a lot of this nonsense was in place for years, but the drop in interest rates was what spurred the banks into taking the greatest advantage of it that they could.

Or at least that's my completely unqualified assessment of what happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Desiderata wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Liumas wrote:

Here in RSP us conservatives only mention Obama to see how contorted the RSP Liberal Mob will get in an effort to always, always, always, bring Bush up in any discussion of Obama. I compare it to gluing a quarter down on the sidewalk and watching as people make buffoons out of themselves trying to pick it up.
We only bring Bush up to see the veins in your temples do little jigs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
phosrik wrote:
b a n j o wrote:

Here's one thing we can all agree on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
This has become like performance art. Tripp is trolling everyone with his typical content-free blather just to get some reactions so he can insult people. CurtSimon is trolling Tripp back because arguing with Tripp is the only way he can get an erection, so he deliberately brings up Bush to wind Tripp up. Some poor suckers on both sides mistakenly think that it's a real conversation and try to join in. And we've already hit the requisite "I don't get the joke so I'll insult everyone in RSP and leave in a huff" post and the thread isn't even a full page yet. Good times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
CurtSimon is trolling Tripp back because arguing with Tripp is the only way he can get an erection

MMmmmmm... I don't think Curt can actually get an erection Dave. Well, unless he stopped taking his meds. If that's the case, well, WHOA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
This has become like performance art. Tripp is trolling everyone with his typical content-free blather just to get some reactions so he can insult people. CurtSimon is trolling Tripp back because arguing with Tripp is the only way he can get an erection, so he deliberately brings up Bush to wind Tripp up. Some poor suckers on both sides mistakenly think that it's a real conversation and try to join in. And we've already hit the requisite "I don't get the joke so I'll insult everyone in RSP and leave in a huff" post and the thread isn't even a full page yet. Good times!

Dude, why do you always explain the joke? Do you have something against humor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Dude, why do you always explain the joke? Do you have something against humor?

It is a difficult concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
I should go back to writing single sentences.

Maybe consider deleting your profile again. You know you want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
Simon Mueller wrote:
I should go back to writing single sentences.

Maybe consider deleting your profile again. You know you want to.

That was a joke... and no, I won't delete my profile.

Good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.