Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still with little more than 10 plays of M'44, my only victories had been 'with the tide'. I still hadn't won a scenario from both the Axis and Allies side. Last night, approx 2200 NZST it all changed.

It was myself versus Meowsqueak (BGG).

First up I was the gallant Allies. I quickly moved my furthest right men out of range of the artillery and observation bunker on the tip of the point. After securing the left flank I removed the central bunker threat, took an orchard... it was all over 4-1.

Time for the re-match. After the first round domination my goal was to simply take out two units and reduce myself to the moral points victory (pathetic huh?). Little did I know that my aggressive tactics were soon to pay off.

My right-flanked infantry relinquished their sandbagged position to stand upon the cliff and gun down the dripping Allied men running from the water.

My men on the point gave up their bunker and ran along the cliff top to confront the central attack coming up the beach.

Eventually it was even at 3 medals each. My artillery at range was against a single Allied man... but what's this? The single Axis man, once sandbagged in the centre comes running from the forest... yes, the rest is indeed history. I finally won a scenario from both sides. I don't know if it was the glory I wanted... I think it was just the sense of coming of age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, yeah, hurray for you

My assault went quite badly from the start. I think my soldiers hadn't eaten breakfast that morning, nor had they packed the right ammunition. Throwing pebbles up the cliff at your positions just didn't seem to have the effect I had hoped for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I did manage to repeat it the following day against Ben - so yeah... I'm happy. Consistent board game success is not something I'm used to, not since my halcyon Tigris & Euphrates days of 2004. I suppose it's a good thing... our group is of very even ability. Anyway, we can continue this conversation soon in person

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.